Springfield grenade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lucky the injuries weren't much worse. That was a heck of a kaboom.

Thats what I was thinking. Had to have been a load of pistol powder as the factory proof rounds would have been as high pressure as a double load of the rifle powder or close to it. Either that or the receiver was cracked and ready to go, although I wouldn't think so the way the case was incinerated.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's incidents like this that will make reloading a long and stressful process for me if I ever get started doing that. I'd be going very slowly, double- and triple-checking every round, and wringing my hands the entire time.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's incidents like this that will make reloading a long and stressful process for me if I ever get started doing that. I'd be going very slowly, double- and triple-checking every round, and wringing my hands the entire time.

I go pretty fast. The only time I slow down is to grab another beer or light another cigarette.:preocc:

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. Had to have been a load of pistol powder as the factory proof rounds would have been as high pressure as a double load of the rifle powder or close to it. Either that or the receiver was cracked and ready to go, although I wouldn't think so the way the case was incinerated.
Near the end of the thread, there was an engineer commenting something to that effect, based on the coloring of several cracks he saw.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once owned a rewelded '03, and traded it off at Tulsa for a Glock. Now I'm more pleased than ever that I no longer own that rifle, and hope whoever now owns it doesn't suffer the same consequences as the subject of this post.

It is evident by the continued posts about reloading safety that not everyone has read the entire contents of the link. It was a failed reweld of a demilled '03 that caused the kaboom.

Not to downgrade the need for reloading safety. It's serious business.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once owned a rewelded '03, and traded it off at Tulsa for a Glock. Now I'm more pleased than ever that I no longer own that rifle, and hope whoever now owns it doesn't suffer the same consequences as the subject of this post.

It is evident by the continued posts about reloading safety that not everyone has read the entire contents of the link. It was a failed reweld of a demilled '03 that caused the kaboom.

Not to downgrade the need for reloading safety. It's serious business.

I just read that. The guy was knowingly shooting a welded on receiver. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom