Stupidity + Corvette

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not convinced that "speed kills." While yes, doing 195 in traffic is reckless in the extreme, the idea that going 75 in a 55 on most oklahoma roads (with 100 miles between you and the nearest human) is criminal is senseless.

:flamesuiton:

This is why I advocate reasonable speeds for the current conditions of the road.

There have been many times that I never met a car between Ft Supply and within 10 miles of Guymon.

Then there's the road between Hollis and Erick. Never met a car, and I used to travel that road a lot. The only car I ever caught up to was an ambulance that left Hollis before me.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is why I advocate reasonable speeds for the current conditions of the road.

There have been many times that I never met a car between Ft Supply and within 10 miles of Guymon.

Then there's the road between Hollis and Erick. Never met a car, and I used to travel that road a lot. The only car I ever caught up to was an ambulance that left Hollis before me.

If you try 190 on that stretch you likely will be buzzard feed...

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well the vid has been deleted, but don't be fooled by the speedo not taking a big dip. If this was supercharged as they say, then it was likely a ZR-1 Corvette. Speedo goes well over 200mph. Not sure this year but lots were 240mph. The car will run 65mph in 1st gear.

ssx2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read the E-bay ad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...900QQitemZ220703045888QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

That car has decent stuff under the hood, mainly a nice supercharger. If it did indeed dyno with over 800 hp at the rear wheels it is putting out close to 1000 hp at the crank. A C5 Corvette with 800 hp at the tires is no joke and will definately get to the 200+ mph mark. For example a bone stock 99 LS1 Corvette will usually knock out about 280 rear wheel horsepower, will run mid 12's at 110 and top out close to 180 mph, thats stock. I'm a car guy at heart and its those who are reckless that give us a bad rep. If this guy did this and posted himself on YT endangering the public his tail is where it needs to be. Just sayin...

Latest posts

Top Bottom