Summer Pig Trapping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So do you dispatch them while they are still in the cage? What do you use?

If I'm not selling them, I just give them a .22 behind the ear. But if selling, they go live. And no Erick, not butchered, they are sold to game ranches to be hunted. I sell to a licensed handler, who then resells to the fenced game ranches.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm not selling them, I just give them a .22 behind the ear. But if selling, they go live. And no Erick, not butchered, they are sold to game ranches to be hunted. I sell to a licensed handler, who then resells to the fenced game ranches.

That makes sense too. It's just crazy to think that someone would actually pay for more wild hogs. Great for you though! It would be nice if there was a place to take them so the could be processed to feed the needy. Oh, and I wanted to throw in my kudos for the shade/water thing too.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

Gave the trap a break over the holiday and fired it back up yesterday. This guy surrendered his independence last night. It was a little heartbreaking checking the trap, I had this boar in one end, and on the other end had a doe in it. She was a little beat up, but I opened the door and she bolted and will be fine. I've only caught two deer, but it is heart breaking every time. Hogs will stand their ground in the trap and not go nuts too bad, but a deer will kill themselves trying to get away when you pull up. This trap doesn't have a top and if a deer gets in, they rarely trip it, so this was the first time one has actually been trapped in this setup. Not sure why she couldn't get out on her own.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

Got this one this morning. She's a nice sow, 150 or so, and might even be a little piggy. If left in the pen for a few weeks she might just shoot out a litter. Something tells me she won't get that chance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom