Syria mess, how far do we go.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sry if my quoting you seemed like I was being argumentative; wasn't intending so. I was really just speaking to the situation more than your quote.

As for the difference, "but he gassed his own people" was used to kill 1 million people in Iraq including 6k plus Americans. It also costed 1 Trillion dollars. We can't solve all the world's problems and when we kill 54 million infants at home "legally", how does that then justify us spending 1 Trillion dollars to secure foreign borders (instead of our own) and killing 1000x the civilians in a war we start make up for a few people being gassed by their own leader? I doubt Assad even did it as he had NOTHING to gain by it. But even if he did, being Al Queda's air force is wrong...you know it and I know it. Assad is indirectly much more in line with western values than the people we are helping by attacking him. If the head choppers were trying to overthrow our gov't here, then 7yrs into the civil war I'd probably not be so concerned if Trump used gas on them too so my daughters could have the right to live more freely and drive and go to college rather than be sex slaves with their genitals cut off by the radical muslims. That is a LOT of difference to answer your question.

I, too, shall speak to the situation:

First off, we didn't start any wars in the Middle East. Sodamn Hinsane overran an ally and the Taliban harbored Al Qaeda who attacked us. We simply engaged the enemy where he lived in order to prevent further death and destruction over here. That would include protecting your daughters' right to live freely and drive and go to college rather than be sex slaves with their genitals cut off by radical Muslims.

Being Al Qaeda's air force would be wrong if it were true.

Since when is gassing your own people - directly or indirectly - a Western value? How about dictatorship, despotism and tyranny?

Equating the mass murder of our children by abortion to what we spend in efforts to protect our country is a non sequitur. If what we spend to use force for our protection took funds away from ending abortion, you'd have a valid point.

Two things we can agree on, however, is the lack of security on our borders (which is now being addressed and rectified), and the fact that nothing can justify the killing of the millions of our unborn youth to date and likely in the future.

Woody

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

From Drudge link to RT.

Russia’s Defense Ministry says “US instructors” are training militants to stage false flag chemical attacks in south Syria. The incidents are said to be a pretext for airstrikes on Syrian government troops and infrastructure

I'm disappointed. Those Russians can come up with a far better story than that. :nolike:

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Syria, we need to GTFO and STFO. The See Eye AAA has hands all over this. Dox the bastards, remove every bit of support and take away their citizenship.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
we've used cs gas on our citizens since the 60's.

That's true, however, it is not chlorine, saran, VX, or any other gas that its only purpose is to kill.

While I was in Navy boot camp back in '66, part of our training was exposure to tear gas. We were in a small room with gas masks on. A canister was set off, and we were instructed to remove the masks. It was nasty but certainly not deadly. It did demonstrate how effective the gas masks are.

Woody

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
^^^^^ That training is still completed for every Private of every Basic Training cycle. Burns a bit and makes ya snot up pretty good, but no harm in it.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's true, however, it is not chlorine or any other gas that its only purpose is to kill.
It was nasty but not deadly.
People can and do die from cs gas.
In their report, "Pepper Spray Update: More Fatalities, More Questions” the ACLU found 26 deaths after OC spraying in just a two year period—one death per 600 times police used spray. They noted that death was more likely if the victim was also restrained.
I'm sure it's lessened a bit since that was written. It'd be interesting to compare the numbers, but comparing war crimes is above my pay grade.

i DO have a wonderful anecdote of a my time managing a pool that used a gas chlorinator, nobody died from it. Their eyes stung a bit, but it was certainly not deadly. It did demonstrate how effective the goggles are.

Last edited:

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every single Marine has been exposed to at least one serious dose of CS and other than totally clearing everything out of your nose, burning and hurting like hell... No real harm.. Not comparable at all to chlorine.. Not by a long shot.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
we've used cs gas on our citizens since the 60's.
The US military was required to enter gas chambers without gas masks, and be subjected to CS gas as part of the annual training exercise.
I don't know if they currently do that.
Pretty comical watching snot sling 2' out of each nostril.
Its isn't fun.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just stating a fact. As the saying goes "you can have your own opinion, but you can't have your own facts."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom