Tell me about something whack that you saw at the Gunshow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAGS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I paid $12 Admission to enter the R.K show this weekend @Okc fairgrounds.. Only to have one of the Rijas kids tell me that both the Saiga AK and Arsenal Ak were both $1200, now I might have confused him when I held them up together and said "whats the cash price on the saiga and arsenal?" and he replied "1200", and I attempted to correct him by sayin with an eyebrow raise "the saiga is 1200?" .. They were both put down with a smile after he told me Yes..

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just remembered something else I saw at the Big W show; on the lower level, there was a bald-headed guy selling some M1 Garand and Carbine stocks. One of the Garand stocks was marked with a nice SA/GAW cartouche and partial small crossed cannons, which make it a WW2 stock. It was priced rather stiffly at $325, when a similar stock in the same condition can be found elsewhere for less than $300.

The real problem was, the GAW cartouche was a fake. The cartouche was too narrow, and the "G" was more pointed top and bottom than on a real cartouche; a common type of fake, and easily spotted by someone who knows what a real GAW cartouche looks like. I expressed my doubt to the seller, and asked if he was sure the cartouche was real. His response was, "I believe it is." :rolleyes2

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just remembered something else I saw at the Big W show; on the lower level, there was a bald-headed guy selling some M1 Garand and Carbine stocks. One of the Garand stocks was marked with a nice SA/GAW cartouche and partial small crossed cannons, which make it a WW2 stock. It was priced rather stiffly at $325, when a similar stock in the same condition can be found elsewhere for less than $300.

The real problem was, the GAW cartouche was a fake. The cartouche was too narrow, and the "G" was more pointed top and bottom than on a real cartouche; a common type of fake, and easily spotted by someone who knows what a real GAW cartouche looks like. I expressed my doubt to the seller, and asked if he was sure the cartouche was real. His response was, "I believe it is." :rolleyes2

Translation: "No, it isn't." :saywhat:

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
unitedmonkee.files.wordpress.com_2010_01_800px_oceanside_beach_on_fire_island.jpg

Which one is Mark, and which one is Dustin?

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw a SPAS 12 for $2500.

Also had an enormously fat guy get up out of his rascal scooter to walk up and cut in front of me at a table. I got a chuckle out of it and moved on : )

Latest posts

Top Bottom