Texas House Passes Suppressor Freedom Bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our legislators should be tard and feathered for wasting our time with that abortion they just passed. Hopefully Texas is successful and they will be forced by popular demand to get off their asses and do something similar. Two solid decades of liberal states getting away with nullifying federal laws, and we're still waiting two years for a freaking muffler.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yea I picked that up after reading more of this thread. Thanks
Sadly, most people are taking their information posted around the internet in 2017 and 2018. However, the FPSRussia case in 2019 actually used NFA registered location for items to raid property that was not listed on the warrant. They stated that since NFA items were registered there, the invalid warrant was irrelevant and the firearms recovered were admissible to court. He talks about it on his podcast.

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, I was unaware or this.
Don't worry, it's not true. It's kind of true when it comes to FFLs and licensed manufacturers, but it hasn't been like that since the 1986 legislation.

For individual owners of NFA items, though, they cannot just come in your house and start poking around. They have to have a warrant. If they're there in the first place though you probably have bigger issues, because it likely has to do with something you sold that ended up at a crime scene. That's the most common reason people get visits from them.

An ATF agent can demand to see your tax stamp, and you're required to show it to him. Doesn't even mean you're required to keep it with you, although that's a good idea. You're just required to furnish it as soon as possible to prove the item is legal. This has never come up though, and I don't know anyone who's had it happen. You're more likely to get hassled by fuds at the range.

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly, most people are taking their information posted around the internet in 2017 and 2018. However, the FPSRussia case in 2019 actually used NFA registered location for items to raid property that was not listed on the warrant. They stated that since NFA items were registered there, the invalid warrant was irrelevant and the firearms recovered were admissible to court. He talks about it on his podcast.
It's very different when you're talking about a licensed manufacturer like he was. If you get caught distributing large amounts of narcotics, you better believe the ATF is going to seize your giggle switches.

I've never heard of a single case where the ATF or any other branch of law enforcement has used personally owned NFA items as any kind of pretext for a warrantless search, that wasn't pursuant to some other criminal complaint.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's very different when you're talking about a licensed manufacturer like he was. If you get caught distributing large amounts of narcotics, you better believe the ATF is going to seize your giggle switches.

I've never heard of a single case where the ATF or any other branch of law enforcement has used personally owned NFA items as any kind of pretext for a warrantless search, that wasn't pursuant to some other criminal complaint.
I know for a fact they did. I am trying to recall the details of where and when but the mans wife was shot and no warrant was issues before they started shooting. Over a full auto trigger assembly still in the package.

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know for a fact they did. I am trying to recall the details of where and when but the mans wife was shot and no warrant was issues before they started shooting. Over a full auto trigger assembly still in the package.
Are you sure it was over an actual registered NFA item? And not like one of those "wall hooks" or something?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you sure it was over an actual registered NFA item? And not like one of those "wall hooks" or something?
No I'm not sure. But it made a huge stink and made front line news because they raided the house, kicked down the door, shot and killed a lady and destroyed the place supposedly looking for this item which they never found...and then left.

Latest posts

Top Bottom