The Desecration of Charlton Heston

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as I am concerned, anyone who fought to allow live babies to be k1lled OUTSIDE the womb is an animal (infanticide)...even most pro-abortion folks would condemn this...but not your Lord & Savior 0bama...he was fine with it so much he fought for it...but I am sure you have some keen defense ready if you are in fact a liberal... SEE HERE

http://www.bornalivetruth.org/timeline.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYRpIf2F9NA

This was a total and complete deflection. My opinion on abortion is that it is murder and should be handled as a crime by the states like all other crimes are. There should not be a federal law protecting/prohibiting it. It should then be criminalized by the states as murder. Don't change the frickin' subject and talk to me like you know every angle I take.

My point is, when name-calling and childish vocabulary enter a conversation, that conversation is over and you've lost the respect of both sides. One can be respectful and truthful without resorting to PC-ness.

Finally, Obama is not my lord and savior, only I can save myself, because I am an independent and self-reliant citizen. Nice job on the 1) wrong and uncalled for assumptions, 2) assumption I'm a modern liberal, and 3) and complete deflection of bringing the hot-button issue of abortion in. Nice way to get this thread locked up.

Storm Shadow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In case you were not aware, as I assume you have not been politically engaged but for a few years, Liberals are willing to do and say anything to achieve their goals...they COUNT on conservatives to play by a different set of rules and always take the high-road...liberals exploit this "decency" to further their agendas. They have set up a cabal of political correctness in this country and the world, and until people on the right start offending some people, they are gonna continue to lose ground. I think we need more people having mocking avatars, and getting in people's faces, in support of their cause...otherwise, we just have to fight with one hand behind our backs and let the other side get away with any tactic they want...the time to be decent and respectful is over...these people who are changing the country are not concerned about offending people so nor should we be at this point in time...we need to make our voices and votes heard because waking people up is the only way we can assure our liberties int he future.

One of the more profound statements I've seen on this issue. Yes it's time to bloody some leftist noses. 3 and Ace, you just got served. Wipe your little eyes and run home and change your britches. Grown ups are talking.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One of the more profound statements I've seen on this issue. Yes it's time to bloody some leftist noses. 3 and Ace, you just got served. Wipe your little eyes and run home and change your britches. Grown ups are talking.

If your idea of getting "served" is a one paragraph diatribe completely lacking substance or fact, well, you're certainly no threat to the leftist. A true keyboard commando.

Braggs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I could leave my house tomorrow with a pocket full of cash and buy as many firearms as I wanted, with no paper work, no back ground check and open carry them. And if I had the inclination, I could legally buy a fully automatic weapon (with the proper paperwork, of course). If gun control is in full swing, how did Oklahoma manage to become an open carry state? While I disagree with many gun laws I don't buy into the belief that there is a "vast left wing conspiracy" to disarm the American public. The SCOTUS has made it clear that the 2nd is an individual right. That ruling was made by justices nominated by the very presidents you claim are traitors.

Yes, you could leave your house with a pocket full of cash and buy lots of firearms without any paperwork or background checks FROM INDIVIDUALS, (but not a licensed dealer/company) and be limited by law in the type of weapons you can buy (meaning one finger pull, one hammer strike). You could possibly buy a fully automatic weapon with OR WITHOUT the proper paperwork if you were so inclined from the black market and do so illegally. You could also walk around town with that fully-automatic weapon strapped to your back and break a whole slew of other laws. You could even purchase all these weapons even if you had a felony or have been committed to a mental hospital before. You would still be breaking even more laws. You could walk onto a college campus with said weapons and break even more laws.

There are already many gun control laws in place, all of which can be ignored for the right price. If they can be ignored now, they can be ignored after whatever laws you and your liberal cronies are proposing. But you see, the people that actually follow the laws in buying legal firearms (such as the scary black assault rife with high capacity clips (sarcasm intended)) are honest, law-abiding citizens who actually follow the laws such as the assault weapon ban the liberals are proposing. They are no more inclined to break any laws and go on a shooting spree than a nun is to go to the strip bar. The other people who would break all those other laws are already criminals and don't care about your assault weapon ban or high-capacity magazine ban. They'll still obtain whatever they wish and everyone else will be the fish in the barrel. In essence, you will put more lives at risk by creating more gun control laws.

Gun control is not just a physical battle to take guns away now... it's a mental battle too, to win over the minds of people so they are ignorant of, scared of, detest, and do not want be around guns. These people are the weak-minded who will believe anything that the media or the authoritarians will tell them. It's a big Jedi mind-trick. Why do you think there has been a huge media campaign to emotionalize and instill fear in the masses with news segments on shootings and murders?

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes, you could leave your house with a pocket full of cash and buy lots of firearms without any paperwork or background checks FROM INDIVIDUALS, (but not a licensed dealer/company) and be limited by law in the type of weapons you can buy (meaning one finger pull, one hammer strike). You could possibly buy a fully automatic weapon with OR WITHOUT the proper paperwork if you were so inclined from the black market and do so illegally. You could also walk around town with that fully-automatic weapon strapped to your back and break a whole slew of other laws. You could even purchase all these weapons even if you had a felony or have been committed to a mental hospital before. You would still be breaking even more laws. You could walk onto a college campus with said weapons and break even more laws.

Yes, people break laws. People commit murder. Should we eliminate all murder laws?

There are already many gun control laws in place, all of which can be ignored for the right price. If they can be ignored now, they can be ignored after whatever laws you and your liberal cronies are proposing. But you see, the people that actually follow the laws in buying legal firearms (such as the scary black assault rife with high capacity clips (sarcasm intended)) are honest, law-abiding citizens who actually follow the laws such as the assault weapon ban the liberals are proposing. They are no more inclined to break any laws and go on a shooting spree than a nun is to go to the strip bar. The other people who would break all those other laws are already criminals and don't care about your assault weapon ban or high-capacity magazine ban. They'll still obtain whatever they wish and everyone else will be the fish in the barrel. In essence, you will put more lives at risk by creating more gun control laws.

I find it amusing that you assume I'm a liberal. That's the result of the us against them mentality. As for the scary black assault rifle quip, I'll recall it in good humor this weekend when I'm blasting 500 rounds of .223 through my AR-15. And if you care to go back and read some of my post in other threats, I have said I completely and utterly oppose the AWB and high-cap magazine ban. But, don't let the facts get in the way.

Gun control is not just a physical battle to take guns away now... it's a mental battle too, to win over the minds of people so they are ignorant of, scared of, detest, and do not want be around guns. These people are the weak-minded who will believe anything that the media or the authoritarians will tell them. It's a big Jedi mind-trick. Why do you think there has been a huge media campaign to emotionalize and instill fear in the masses with news segments on shootings and murders?

Okay. If you say so.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Charlton Heston was, by all accounts, a great man. Married to the same woman for 60+ years. Fought in WWII. Fought against discrimination long before it was popular in Hollywood to do so. And it's a bit ironic that for most of his life, he would have been disparaged on this board as a libby. He was a democrat and supported democrats running for POTUS. And he was actually a stanch advocate for gun control, once saying, "AK-47's are inappropriate for private ownership, of course". He helped get the 1968 Gun Control Act passed. It was not until later in his life he changed his political leanings.

He saw the light. There have been a few. The democratic party used to be the party of small government, self reliance and so forth. It is really pathetic now.

Braggs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes, people break laws. People commit murder. Should we eliminate all murder laws?

People break laws, does that mean we create more laws just so they can be broken too? Evidently the laws on the books presently are ineffective and unenforced. How about trying to fix that problem before making even more unenforceable laws... ?

I find it amusing that you assume I'm a liberal. That's the result of the us against them mentality. As for the scary black assault rifle quip, I'll recall it in good humor this weekend when I'm blasting 500 rounds of .223 through my AR-15. And if you care to go back and read some of my post in other threats, I have said I completely and utterly oppose the AWB and high-cap magazine ban. But, don't let the facts get in the way.

Just because you can hold a rifle and blow a few hundred dollars worth of ammo doesn't mean you're a conservative. Attacking other conservatives, supporting liberals, promoting liberal agendas, emotional behavior, and general irresponsibility WILL get you labeled a liberal, though.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
People break laws, does that mean we create more laws just so they can be broken too? Evidently the laws on the books presently are ineffective and unenforced. How about trying to fix that problem before making even more unenforceable laws... ?

Where have I advocated for more gun laws? I'll save you the time of looking, I haven't. In fact, I have advocated for fewer gun laws. Once again, I see you do not bother yourself with facts.

Just because you can hold a rifle and blow a few hundred dollars worth of ammo doesn't mean you're a conservative. Attacking other conservatives, supporting liberals, promoting liberal agendas, emotional behavior, and general irresponsibility WILL get you labeled a liberal, though.

First, I never said I was a conservative. Second, where have I attacked anyone? It's you that's been doing the attacking. Third, where have I supported liberals or liberal policies?
I do want to point out one thing you wrote, "emotional behavior". I invite you to reread the thread. I post a fact, that Charlton Heston helped enact the 1968 Gun Control Act, you respond by calling me a traitor. That's the very definition of "emotional behavior".

Latest posts

Top Bottom