The dreaded ‘Reduced Engine Power’ on 06 Chevy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Mechanic just called. Said the performance tune decided not to agree with the ECU. He retuned everything and has driven it multiple times yesterday and this morning with no issues. We’ll see, fingers crossed…

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This little problem has gotten to the point that it happens every time on startup. It will throw 4 codes. Throttle body, TPS, Throttle actuator, and pedal sensor.
I replaced the TB and TPS. The actuator is $167 so I haven’t bought it yet. I’ve researched some forums that had guys replace all the components and the problem doesn’t go away. I’m a nuts and bolts guy, electrics are not my strong suit. Tell me to change a transmission and I’m like, OK. Ask me to rewire a trailer and I’m like, ugh.
Has anyone had this issue and have a little insight on some quick things to check?
black and white wire coming out of harness by firewall connects to bolt on transmission, that's the ground for computer system. if its loose broken, frayed etc. etc. you'll never get it to stop getting the reduced engine power code. WHY the gm engineering idiots decided to put it there is total stupidity. since the computer has no ground it will show anything as a fault code. on my 2004 its about center of engine. drops down to top tranny mounting bolt. rats love to chew on it also since its sort of hidden.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I had an ECM ground fail internally and I just grounded the case to the frame; problem solved.

black and white wire coming out of harness by firewall connects to bolt on transmission, that's the ground for computer system. if its loose broken, frayed etc. etc. you'll never get it to stop getting the reduced engine power code. WHY the gm engineering idiots decided to put it there is total stupidity. since the computer has no ground it will show anything as a fault code. on my 2004 its about center of engine. drops down to top tranny mounting bolt. rats love to chew on it also since its sort of hidden.
So, my crossed fingers didn’t work. I’ll look at both of these things today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom