The EDC Flashlight Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got one of these for now. Easy on the pocket and very inexpensive

Streamlight microstream

View attachment 22862

Not my image but shows how small it is.

C4 LED technology, with a 50,000 hour lifetime.
Unbreakable and scratch resistant polycarbonate lens.
Up to 683 candela peak beam intensity, 28 lumens typical, 2.25 hours runtime.
One "AAA" alkaline battery.
Push button tail switch momentary or constant on operation.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got one of these for now. Easy on the pocket and very inexpensive

Streamlight microstream

View attachment 22862

Not my image but shows how small it is.

C4 LED technology, with a 50,000 hour lifetime.
Unbreakable and scratch resistant polycarbonate lens.
Up to 683 candela peak beam intensity, 28 lumens typical, 2.25 hours runtime.
One "AAA" alkaline battery.
Push button tail switch momentary or constant on operation.

67RS/SSx2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fenix LD01, always in my pocket. I like this light but am not impressed with the twisty switch for selecting between three modes. It seems to "bounce" too much.

Also keep a Fenix E11 within reach. It uses a clicky to activate and a twist only to access high mode.

Of course, a Surefire Fury or G2X Pro is always nearby.

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fenix LD01, always in my pocket. I like this light but am not impressed with the twisty switch for selecting between three modes. It seems to "bounce" too much.

Also keep a Fenix E11 within reach. It uses a clicky to activate and a twist only to access high mode.

Of course, a Surefire Fury or G2X Pro is always nearby.

I had a Fenix E11 for a while. Great light, but I think they coulda done better on the low setting. It wasn't much dimmer than the high setting. :disappoin

My EDC lights have changed...again. :rolleyes2

Now I'm carrying a Surefire G2X Tactical on my duty belt, a Surefire LX2 Lumamax clipped inside my left front pocket, a Fenix E15 in my right front pocket, a Fenix E05 on my keys and a Streamlight Microstream in my shirt pocket next to my pen.

That's just on duty.

When off duty, the Surefire G2X Tactical stays on the duty rig and the Streamlight Microstream stays in my uniform shirt pocket. The Surefire LX2 and the Fenix E15 ride with me whenever I'm chillin' on the weekend.

Then of course, the Fenix E05 goes with me everywhere on my keyring along with my Leatherman Squirt PS4.

67RS/SSx2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Fenix E11 for a while. Great light, but I think they coulda done better on the low setting.

LOL You're the reason I first bought an E11. I read some of the things you posted about the E11 and I must say I agree with the good things you said about the E11. I bought one for me, one for the wife, and one for the daughter.

I think the E11 is a great light for use as a general purpose light. But it's a little large (being a AA) for pocket carry.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Nebo based on a few comments here and I sure wish I could return it. My Fenix L1D and L2D's blow them away. There are a ton of these "zoom" chinese flash lights out there and I've found the $7 ones to be just as good as the Nebo. The Nebo also has a plastic red ring that bleeds off light, I find it annoying and there are quite a few complaints of that ring breaking.

Pretty sure Nebo's are the most affordable high performance light available. Magnetic, glow in the dark button, water proof, 4 or 5 settings full/half/10%/strobe/S.O.S, dna collector, last as long or longer than most, etc etc etc. all for $27 on ebay. I own three 5610's, one of which I water tested in the bottom of a 55 gallon barrel overnight, and am going to try a shock test on my AR soon.

http://www.nebotools.com/prod_details.php?id=144&cid=16

Yerkwor

New to the site!
Reaction score
For discussion or reviews of EDC torches.

Here's some of my EDC lights (I've got some more, but I can't find them off-hand at the moment):

(Left to Right: JetBeam BC10, SunwayMan M10R, Old-school Fenix PD20, Sunway M11R, NiteCore EX11 SP R5, 4Sevens Quark Mini123, Fenix E15)
i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Flashlights_DSCN7358.jpg

I've got some bigger ones as well. I'll have to go dig them out for pics at some point.
What is the price of these lights and what about the performance of these lights.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the price of these lights and what about the performance of these lights.

You can look up most on www.Batteryjunction.com - they have prices/specs there, but I've been through a lot of different brands, and most of these are what I ended up with after a lot of buying/trying/selling quite a few different torches (I no longer own the JetBeam BC10 because I upgraded to a PC10 - although, I do miss it).

Performance of a flashlight is sort of subjective. Duration (time), output in lumens, and Spectrum/shade (i.e. warmer or cooler on the Kelvin scale), spill, and spot/focus can all be measured, but for an EDC light, I like my output settings to be specific. I like a low output to be brighter than moonlight, and I like a good low/med-ish setting and a good medium/high-ish setting as well as blast-in-your-face high output just in case I need it (more for blinding someone than illuminating a target far away).

Anti-roll, clicky/press/twist for on or off, size, shape, pocket-clip, heat creation/dissipation, etc... are also factors (I wouldn't use the same light for my EDC that I would for duty if I was an LEO).

Latest posts

Top Bottom