The EDC Flashlight Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is a 4Sevens Preon ReVO with an AAA battery. It rides on my key ring, so it's always there when I need it, and it's pretty darn bright for its size.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the brightest light out there that takes AA or AAA batteries? Either one or two cell. Pocket size.

I don't have much experience with the nicer aa or aaa lights, but I know 4sevens makes some and everyone speaks very highly of them. Fenix also makes some I believe. I really like the cr123 lights myself. The best place to pick up batteries locally is lowes. They sell the surefire cr123's for right about 5 bucks for 2 which is the cheapest I've seen unless you are buying a bunch online.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the brightest light out there that takes AA or AAA batteries? Either one or two cell. Pocket size.

When it comes to single AA lights, the Fenix LD15 is a goodun...if you like twisty types. 117 lumens on high/8 lumens on low. It's nice and compact - barely bigger than the AA battery inside.

http://fenixtactical.com/fenix-ld15.html

I like the Fenix E11 myself. The high is a little lower than the LD15 (105 lumens) but the difference is hardly noticeable. However, the low is a little higher (32 lumens) which is just about perfect for simple tasks. To me, 8 lumens is barely enough. It would be good for reading a book or map or something right up in your face, but for illuminating a path or something like that, 8 lumens is kind of a washout. 32 lumens is just right. :)

What I appreciate the most about the E11 is the tailcap push button over the twisty. :thumb: Of course, the E11 is a tad longer than the LD15 and I wouldn't suggest it to be carried in the pocket. I did that with mine once and it lit my thigh up pretty bad. Made me do the pee-pee dance fo' sho'!

http://fenixtactical.com/fenix-e11.html

The very best single AAA is probably the 4Sevens Preon. With 70 lumens OTF, what's not to like? :anyone:

http://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=297_332_366

I don't have much experience with the nicer aa or aaa lights, but I know 4sevens makes some and everyone speaks very highly of them. Fenix also makes some I believe. I really like the cr123 lights myself. The best place to pick up batteries locally is lowes. They sell the surefire cr123's for right about 5 bucks for 2 which is the cheapest I've seen unless you are buying a bunch online.

I buy 'em from Amazon for about $25 a dozen.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard good things about the titanium c123a's on batteryjunction.com. You get the batteries themselves for about a buck a piece or less, then add a few bucks for shipping. I priced a dozen the other day, and it came out to be about $16 or $17. Not bad at all.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard good things about the titanium c123a's on batteryjunction.com. You get the batteries themselves for about a buck a piece or less, then add a few bucks for shipping. I priced a dozen the other day, and it came out to be about $16 or $17. Not bad at all.

If you watch their sales, you can get them for even cheaper. I've got about 2 dozen of their CR123s and about a dozen of their CR2s in my safe right now and I want to say it was under $40 for all 36 batteries shipped.

Latest posts

Top Bottom