The fallacy of 'Behind every blade of grass' thinking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone else ever notice how Ol' JB always makes fun of everyone else's opinions, (particularly on what they'd do in a hypothetical situation) yet never offers what HE would do?

Double yawn. What do you want to know GTG?

Do I believe our government is into control? Sure. Most governments are.

Do I believe they are the "enemy"? Not particularly.

Do I believe they are going to taaaaaaake our guns? No. Especially not in the foreseeable future.

Do I think that the hype and fear mongering are destructive? Yes, and also a good way to get very very rich. I'm jealous I didn't think of it and have to bust my ass to make money.

Are there any other questions I can answer dearie?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Double yawn. What do you want to know GTG?

Do I believe our government is into control? Sure. Most governments are.

Do I believe they are the "enemy"? Not particularly.

Do I believe they are going to taaaaaaake our guns? No. Especially not in the foreseeable future.

Do I think that the hype and fear mongering are destructive? Yes, and also a good way to get very very rich. I'm jealous I didn't think of it and have to bust my ass to make money.

Are there any other questions I can answer dearie?

Superb defelction as always. You said a lot yet never answered the core question. I don't care for the talking heads like Jones, Limbaugh, Huffington etc. ad-nauseum either. I care more about what "normal" people would do under extraordinary circumstances. You've yet to say what you would do or how you really feel about what's happening incrementally.

And yes, I just lumped you in with the normal folk. :)

Very astute my young friend and also quite incorrect.

You implied it at least as much as he inferred it. The sin of omission is still a sin. :)

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Superb defelction as always. You said a lot yet never answered the core question. I don't care for the talking heads like Jones, Limbaugh, Huffington etc. ad-nauseum either. I care more about what "normal" people would do under extraordinary circumstances. You've yet to say what you would do or how you really feel about what's happening incrementally.

The world is a screwed up place. It always has been. Do I believe in the "good old days?" Well, as I have stated here before, I'm not sure those days were so "good" if you were a woman or minority. However, I'm not a particular fan of modern culture. Too much whining and too many feelings of entitlement and not enough respect for one's self and others. Our brave new world is a never ending peep show in which we idolize the most dysfunctional and broken creatures simply because they are good looking and made it on TV. There is no privacy any more and no ability to just "get away." reddog references 1984 a lot. 1984 came but instead of Big Brother, we have Big Business who in a relentless drive for profits and market share have modled and shaped our society into the twisted disjointed heap we all endure today.

As for "what would I do if the came for our guns?" Who knows? Who really and truly knows? All you arm chair commandos who proclaim you'd fight to the death. Would you really? And leave your wives and children behind to the tender mercies of society? All this tough talk is just mental masturbation. It is a collective adolescent fantasy carried on en masse and perpetuated by folks who make a lot of money off of it.

Finally, I don't believe it will ever get to that point in our live times. The fact is we have more gun freedoms now than we did in the 1970's and 1980's. The "gun lobby" is stronger now than ever. Fear sells and lots of folks are addicted.

And yes, I just lumped you in with the normal folk. :)

What???? How dare you impugn my sense of grandiosity?

cinco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well in response to the OP's question and in context of a foreign invasion...

Never before in our history have there been so many highly trained and combat experienced vets. We have an entire generation of soldiers who have seen multiple combat tours and/or continuous duty in a "war time" environment. The important note is experience with insurgent/guerilla fighting. With the increased draw down of forces in Iraq/Afghanistan, these numbers of CONUS vets will increase.

Say what you want about the "untrained masses", but with this huge source of war time vets - those "untrained masses" won't have to go far for qualified leadership and training.

Likewise, I think it best to never underestimate the latent "defensive" instincts of a father/mother. There are many historical examples already listed that bear witness to attitude over armaments.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The world is a screwed up place. It always has been. Do I believe in the "good old days?" Well, as I have stated here before, I'm not sure those days were so "good" if you were a woman or minority. However, I'm not a particular fan of modern culture. Too much whining and too many feelings of entitlement and not enough respect for one's self and others. Our brave new world is a never ending peep show in which we idolize the most dysfunctional and broken creatures simply because they are good looking and made it on TV. There is no privacy any more and no ability to just "get away." reddog references 1984 a lot. 1984 came but instead of Big Brother, we have Big Business who in a relentless drive for profits and market share have modled and shaped our society into the twisted disjointed heap we all endure today.

As for "what would I do if the came for our guns?" Who knows? Who really and truly knows? All you arm chair commandos who proclaim you'd fight to the death. Would you really? And leave your wives and children behind to the tender mercies of society? All this tough talk is just mental masturbation. It is a collective adolescent fantasy carried on en masse and perpetuated by folks who make a lot of money off of it.

Finally, I don't believe it will ever get to that point in our live times. The fact is we have more gun freedoms now than we did in the 1970's and 1980's. The "gun lobby" is stronger now than ever. Fear sells and lots of folks are addicted.

What???? How dare you impugn my sense of grandiosity?

How do you know how a person will react under tyranny? Are you a mind reader? Do you know what is in their heart? Instead, are you just projecting? Maybe when the time comes to stand up and be counted, you will hide in the closet in a fetal position and pee in your pants. I won't hazard a guess, but your thinly veiled class warfare rant is very telling. And some of us are not "arm chair commandos." Some of us have actually been there and done that and have the scars to prove it. Some of us took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. That oath does not have an expiration date.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you know how a person will react under tyranny? Are you a mind reader? Do you know what is in their heart? Instead, are you just projecting? Maybe when the time comes to stand up and be counted, you will hide in the closet in a fetal position and pee in your pants. I won't hazard a guess, but your thinly veiled class warfare rant is very telling. And some of us are not "arm chair commandos." Some of us have actually been there and done that and have the scars to prove it. Some of us took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. That oath does not have an expiration date.

Ooooooo do you feel oh so better now? Where is my class warfare rant?

And, "Mr. Been there done that and have the t-shirt to prove it" I've yet to see "tyranny" here in the US.

Latest posts

Top Bottom