The fallacy of 'Behind every blade of grass' thinking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well if you are obeying the law, that shouldn't be a problem. Or are you advocating the use of violence to settle civil disputes?

You "patriots" are quick to point out our government is the enemy and hint at using violence to resist it. It's no secret that I find this funny, piteous, and contemptible. However, I would appreciate it if you modern day minute men would be so kind as to enlighten me as to exactly what set of circumstances warrant you "rising up."

Really? Not unless you are a scumbag criminal or threat to national security.

I'd like to ask a question JB. Are you convinced that we're too civilized to be inhumane to our own citizens? Do you believe that the government would never rescind our rights? If so, do you have any empirical or anecdotal evidence to support this belief?

Or would you simply prefer to have a position in whatever Vichy style government we'd be allowed to retain?

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'm not reading the whole thread, but I think a good example of regular people defending against a well equipped army is the battle of Stalingrad, it wasn't all just civilians but the people took up arms against one of the best fighting forces in the modern era and won. Sorry if this is a repost.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well if you are obeying the law, that shouldn't be a problem. Or are you advocating the use of violence to settle civil disputes?

JB, surely you are just flinging poo. Surely you don't suggest that we just turn over our guns in a disaster situation because it's all the sudden deemed "the law" by the local authorities?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread has strayed WAY beyond the OP.

The topic of America's ability to defend herself from invasion/occupation/foreign armies comes up from time to time.

I wonder how that happened? :scratch:

Domestically, I think all that is required is to review the internment of the Japanese and we can be sure that it IS truly possible. In fact, it's history.

The problem is, there are those that exploit that possibility for for their own motives and personal gain. (cough, Glenn Beck, cough, Alex Jones, cough)

Latest posts

Top Bottom