The shoe's getting ready to drop.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom's Thumb

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So what, I voted for Obama the last 2 times. Are you so stupid to think a McCain or Romney Presidency would have prevented any of these shootings? You must live in a pretend word. Did George Bush prevent 911? Did the great Reagan prevent an attempted assassination?

Put the blame for this pending political fight where it belongs, on the crazies who committed murder. Or better yet on the Politicians who may vote for some stupid legislation.

Ha, my fault, how stupid.

Yeah, it is your fault. Romney didn't get elected. Your clown did. He's the one causing the problems and you helped put him there. Hope you sleep well knowing you and your ilk are part of the problem.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Straw man argument. We're not talking about the crime, we're talking about the reaction to it by POTUS. Besides, the last time I checked, Obama was (and is) a politican... excuse me, Politican... who will sign the "stupid legislation" if not bypass the Congress and the Constitution and issue a Royal Edict... Excuse me, an Executive Order.

No, what im responding to is the flawed logic of those who say we can blame those people who voted for Obama. Voting for Obama or Romney or McCain wouldnt stop any of this from happening.

you kid yourself if you think otherwise.

Tom's Thumb

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This next thing is going to be an executive order.

You don't understand how an executive order works. An EO cannot make law. It can only clarify existing law. The only way to ban a gun or a mag is to pass a new law, and that's up to Congress. O'Dumdum can't circumvent that.

For example, the Supreme Court ruled in Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co. v. Sawyer, 343 US 579 (1952) that Executive Order 10340 from President Harry S. Truman placing all steel mills in the country under federal control was invalid because it attempted to make law, rather than clarify or act to further a law put forth by the Congress or the Constitution. Presidents since this decision have generally been careful to cite which specific laws they are acting under when issuing new executive orders.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prayer in schools is not going to stop the violence in the schools or anywhere else.
Armed teachers are going to midigate it, not stop it.
New legislation restricting legal ownership is not going to stop it.
A total ban on guns will not stop it.
A total ban on knives will not stop it.

Society's attitude about making these mass killers infamous and devoting hundreds of hours interviewing victims family's and attempting to analyze/justify their gun contol agenda's is the main issue in my opinion.

Copy cats abound among the wanna-be's. Even though death is their only future, they want the noteritiety of causing mahem.

Is that mental instability, or is it a wish to be famous? No matter what, we make them famous.

Media blackouts until the investigation is complete, a list of the victims, and another media blackout until the autopsy's to determine death, and then its over.
Shooters name never mentioned.

Post incident news reports banned.

I suspect if the folks in 1776 had the massive amount of information we have now, we may have still been subjects of the Queen.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, it is your fault. Romney didn't get elected. Your clown did. He's the one causing the problems and you helped put him there. Hope you sleep well knowing you and your ilk are part of the problem.

Right and you need to return to school for a civics lesson. One vote from Pink, OK would not have changed the outcome of the election. My vote ment nothing, in fact, every vote cast for Obama in the State of Oklahoma ment nothing.

So yes i sleep very good every night. Thanks for wishing me well.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread needs to be re-titled "The hammer is about to drop" because the only way they can take the guns out of the hands of the crazies is by coming to your house and taking yours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom