The storm thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel bad for the people who have to go to work in this mess. I don't like to miss work but chose to stay home for safety reasons. My 4x4 doesn't have a lot of ground clearance. I did finish reading a book, worked on some tax stuff and book keeping. Tomorrow I'll put on my fishing waders and do some digging out of the vehicles.

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ai150.photobucket.com_albums_s115_stroker_c10_2011_02_01105134.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well channel 6 is saying we got 21" of snow in Owasso and based on the drifts on Hwy 20 East, I believe it. I went to work this morning, got cots & sleeping bags for all our people stranded at the airport. They closed Hwy 169 while I was there, so I had to take Mingo to 76th St. N to 169 for a mile, exit at 86th St. N. on the on ramp (the off ramp was blocked by stranded vehicles), then 129th to Hwy 20 E. There was a 4 foot drift in my driveway, so I had to park in my yard! Anyway, Old Faithful got me there and back in the worst blizzard NE Oklahoma has had in the record books!

Here's a pic after my arrival back home:

[Broken External Image]

And one with Gunner, our English Mastiff going to make yellow snow:

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_IMG00090_20110201_1421.jpg

Oh yeah, before I forget, "GO STEELERS!" :D

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow. It really happened.

Went out today for a while in the 4x4, gave a few rides to unlucky folks. The other vehicle has not nearly the ground clearance to get out in the mess.

And now, it's going to get COLD!

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
I can wait it out ... com'on sunshine! :P

i'm with you bb. come on sun and 75 degree weather.did gc have to go out? we worked from 4
;00 am till 4:30 pm blading this stuff. it was a waste of time. it would build back faster then we could work. people getting stuck all over muskogee.but no rest for the weery back at it in the morning at 4:00.

Latest posts

Top Bottom