The twits just keep on coming...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Republicans have certainly elected or at least nominated their fair share (and more) of morons and shady characters. It's just sad that this is the best we can field to run for the offices of our land. The smartest people, the hardest workers, the people with the heart to help and to serve - DON'T. WANT. IT.

And I don't blame them. Stop and think about your life. I think about running for office (and I had a few people strongly trying to convince me once, lol! How crazy is that! lol) and I think about where I've been, what I've done in my life, and how it would be "spun" by the media and by an opposing candidate, and how I would respond in the heat of the moment to some of the morons asking incendiary questions intentionally to get a soundbite - and I think Trump would look like a choirboy next to me!

The people who could truly make a difference and turn this country around, the true leaders, don't want anything to do with our political system. And I don't blame them a bit.
If you ain’t rich it will be almost impossible to get elected to anything beyond a state senator or rep. There is the problem I see. Rich people are the last ones that we need in our government. Now I know not every single person that has been elected is rich but probably 99% are. Money has ruined this nation. The root of all evil. Just look at the last gubernatorial race we voted on. The top three spent well over a million dollars trying to win. The one i think would have been best didn’t spend half that so he had no chance. It’s sad.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think in her case there was a revolt against her competitor, so in effect she got elected because they didn’t like the other guy.

+1 Instead of "Guilt by Association" we have "Plausibility by Disassociation". IMHO, that has been the voting modus operandi(voting for someone because their opponent is unacceptable) in the majority of elections at the local, state and national levels over the past few decades or longer. However, in this case neither of the two choices(Cortez or her opponent) were acceptable IMHO.

Last edited:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We really need two additional options on every ballot: None of the Above and Blow Them All Away.

NOTA is exactly what it sounds like. BTAA is like NOTA, but with a firing squad...to encourage the others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We really need two additional options on every ballot: None of the Above and Blow Them All Away.

NOTA is exactly what it sounds like. BTAA is like NOTA, but with a firing squad...to encourage the others.

You know...I ran for and won a seat on a school board back in the '80's. I learned my lessons from that, but if I EVER consider doing such again, let me know what your voting district is so I can SERIOUSLY reconsider that idea.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all about the free stuff!

I'm almost not even willing to fight this battle anymore with all the morons.

I'm almost ready to sit back and watch as they drive this school bus off the cliff. Then it'll all be over quicker and we can get on with the rebuilding. I know there is going to be a LOT of suffering, a LOT of people will die and will struggle and will suffer horrendously - but honestly I don't have much hope anymore that there is a way to even slow down this inexorable creep toward stupidity (i.e., spending someone else's money), so if it's truly inevitable, then what are we waiting for?

There's nowhere else to move to to get away from the idiocracy, so maybe we should just rip the bandaid off and get on with it, eh? Will I come through it unscathed? Doubtful. Hell, I may not come through it at all, but if I do, I want to see a country, a world, and a humanity that learned its lessons and is ready to work for what it wants.

Maybe it's too early, and I'm just irritated and down. <sigh>

Latest posts

Top Bottom