Thinking about an AR15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I've been thinking quite a bit about an AR15 and, in another thread, I was told to order one from PSA. Well, I went to the site and jizzed a little while looking at all the great prices on their inventory but a problem had arisen while I was looking through their ARs and it was this:

I am an amateur at firearms. I've only had any experience on a few handguns before owning my first rifle (a Mosin Nagant) and I am no where near experience to know what is what other than I know I need the Upper and Lower to make a complete AR15. So my question is... Where do I start and how do I know I have ordered everything I need to build it without missing a single piece?

I am at a loss only because of my inexperience and PSA offers so many different varieties of the AR that I don't even know where to begin. xD

Take into account that I want to build my first rifle for my brother. He just got into the Marine Corp and he wants to get himself an AR. Well, his birthday is in August and I was hoping to at least start building a good AR for him and have it complete by then... Then get to work on my own as I am sure this will be an incredibly fun project to work on! :P

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool! Thanks guys! I take it that it is better to just build one. What PSA model would you recommend for me to start this supposed AR addiction because I honestly don't have a clue what real differences there are other than aesthetics. x.x

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No need to spend a ton of money for a good shooter. Find a good deal on a stripped lower and parts kit. You can get that from PSA, or one of the sponsors on here. I will be happy to help you put it together on a weekend.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No need to spend a ton of money for a good shooter. Find a good deal on a stripped lower and parts kit. You can get that from PSA, or one of the sponsors on here. I will be happy to help you put it together on a weekend.

This.

The best way to get your feet wet for sure. Its not rocket science. Dive in.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So by a stripped lower and parts kit, you mean like a stripped lower (I fortunately know what this is, by god. xD) and a kit like http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/p-tac-lower-parts-kit.html?

Or did you mean a kit that includes everything else like http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...le-kit-with-bushnell-1x32-red-dot-optic.html?

Those are just examples because I just want things clarified. Forgive my stupidity. x.x

Also, thanks for the offer. It'll depend on when I'm free since I sometimes work weekends and I can never really tell when that will be. Lol

This.

The best way to get your feet wet for sure. Its not rocket science. Dive in.

I'm not the brightest bulb just yet (Just a little elbow grease in the field should do though) so it all appears like rocket science to me. xD

I just want to be certain on what I should be ordering all the parts for a complete rifle. x.x

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where r u located? If in the okc are, look up Black Label Armament. Its on 10th just east of council. Go visit with the owner, Clint Black. He's a wealth of information and can order whatever you decide on. He's a hoot also, very personable. If your in the Tulsa are, go see Jeff or Kealty at Fat Boy Tactical and they can help you out just the same.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

Latest posts

Top Bottom