Thinking about an AR15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got it bad... bad bad bad.... Black Rifle Disease..

Aw, 2 parts right, 1 part wrong... Story of my life. Why is it called that and what makes you think you have so bad? Are you incapable of having a non-black gun? If that's the case... I guess I was already doomed. I was thinking about buying a black TAPCO stock for my SKS.

Black Rifle Disease.

I think i'm gonna build another A2 style AR.

Why have multiple ARs? O.o (Asking this despite knowing I was gonna buy a full PSA kit and lower after finishing the FTB kit with the Spike's lower... Yay..)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aw, 2 parts right, 1 part wrong... Story of my life. Why is it called that and what makes you think you have so bad? Are you incapable of having a non-black gun? If that's the case... I guess I was already doomed. I was thinking about buying a black TAPCO stock for my SKS.

Why have multiple ARs? O.o (Asking this despite knowing I was gonna buy a full PSA kit and lower after finishing the FTB kit with the Spike's lower... Yay..)

I mean I can't stop buying/building/collecting them. I have other guns, too, but since I've gotten into ARs, that's where 90% of my gun budget has gone.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean I can't stop buying/building/collecting them. I have other guns, too, but since I've gotten into ARs, that's where 90% of my gun budget has gone.

Well crap... I hope I don't get it as bad you. I hope I'm still interested in old military rifles (Been wanting a Lee Enfield and others) when I finish building mine. xD

You have a budget?... I just call it my paycheck.

My girlfriend got mad at me because I spent the remnants of my last check on the SKS and 30 bucks of TulAmmo for it (after all bills paid of course). She already gave me a certain look when I showed her the Punisher lower I got and made note of a particular shine in my eye that she didn't care for... Is this the beginnings of BRD? =(

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My girlfriend got mad at me because I spent the remnants of my last check on the SKS and 30 bucks of TulAmmo for it (after all bills paid of course). She already gave me a certain look when I showed her the Punisher lower I got and made note of a particular shine in my eye that she didn't care for... Is this the beginnings of BRD? =(
it is the beginning for sure... but its full on bad once you start collecting extra parts and bits and then sorting them in compartments in their very own tackle box!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best advice I can give on BRD is something I posted on M4C:

"We always yearn for "capability" with our "do-it-all" carbines. What we occasionally forget is that complexity is the enemy of efficiency, weight is the enemy of speed and bulk is the enemy of deployability. The extra money spent on "capability" would probably be better spent on ammo and training in the pursuit of proficiency."

Have fun! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom