Those of you who know Grumpy ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't get on much anymore, but I saw the blurb you first posted and started praying. I just had the time and read through the whole thing. Will be praying seriously for you both. Glad his brother and his wife came down, that load of trying to be with them 24/7 by yourself is exhausting!

Hey Brent, nice to see ya back on here. :wave:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More good news -- moved him to a step-down unit last night. Blood sugars are crazy (that's because of the steroids), and he's still kinda week but nothing not to be expected.

Got the name of an endocrinologist (appointment forthcoming) and an appointment with a neuro, so I kinda feel like we might be within a week or so of him coming home.

Again, thank you all for the good thoughts. And unless something amazing happens (like someone gives me a million dollars) this will probably be my last post in this thread. Again, thanks guys -- y'all kept me sane. 😘

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of infusions were used? There's a place at Nw 23rd and Council, in the Deville shopping center that does infusions. Patriot clinics. Not sure if they do what grumpy needs, but I've considered using them as they take insurance(not sure if they take mine though).

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of infusions were used? There's a place at Nw 23rd and Council, in the Deville shopping center that does infusions. Patriot clinics. Not sure if they do what grumpy needs, but I've considered using them as they take insurance(not sure if they take mine though).

Uhmmm I forget what it's called. @Jason Freeland might know. I've seen that place and may give them a try for some vitamin and mineral supplementation for fatigue. I am pooped! 😉

bas402

Bolt Shooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More good news -- moved him to a step-down unit last night. Blood sugars are crazy (that's because of the steroids), and he's still kinda week but nothing not to be expected.

Got the name of an endocrinologist (appointment forthcoming) and an appointment with a neuro, so I kinda feel like we might be within a week or so of him coming home.

Again, thank you all for the good thoughts. And unless something amazing happens (like someone gives me a million dollars) this will probably be my last post in this thread. Again, thanks guys -- y'all kept me sane. 😘
Great news, glad to hear his is continuing to improve! Prayers to you both, and hang in there full time intense duty is tough!

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uhmmm I forget what it's called. @Jason Freeland might know. I've seen that place and may give them a try for some vitamin and mineral supplementation for fatigue. I am pooped! 😉
Probably IViG or infused immunoglobulin, but there are others. You would also probably have to go to some place like Oklahoma Arthritis Center to get that type of infusion or one of the other immunosuppressants as they are used to handling them. I'm sure the hospital you are in probably does outpatient infusions also, most do. Glad to hear about Scott doing better, I was wondering about another update. Still, let us know if we can be of any help. Even if it's just a meal gift card or something that might help you not have to worry about that particular one for an evening.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PLEX (plasmapheresis) therapy is also used in conjunction with IVIG for MG.
Yep, PLEX is the one I'm most familiar with as we did it when I was on the clinical side. Most of the other stuff is newer or done outpatient, so I've only heard of it. Of course the biologics I'm familiar with as I'm on one for autoimmune issues 😁 .

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in the hospital I had a cocktail of two or three running consecutively. I'm on Ultomiris now every 8 weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom