Three Men Arrested After Buying Gun At Gun Show In OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone that believes that laws can be enacted to prevent people from breaking other laws that are already enacted is a dimwitted fool.

Why don't we ban the ownership of tow straps to prevent people without a towing company to yank folks out of the snow. The current laws are not working. They are using the harbor freight tow strap loophole!! Plus, there is no pesky constitution protecting the right to own tow straps.

Oh, I see what you did there... cute... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoratio_elenchi

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those people would be very well served to apply for a VAF UPIN. I have one for this exact reason. Kept getting delays, and now I get instant proceeds.

Your comment about the parking lot is ridiculous and you know it. Unlicensed people selling private collections don't set up in the parking lot. Felons are coming to gun shows because it's easy for them to score a gun. Make it not easy and they stop coming.

Your right, they use OSA and Armslist, etc. So is that the next fight you are willing to concede to our enemies?

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a valid question in that it had a question mark at the end. Other than that it was snarkey and stupid. By accepting the premise that forcing gun show transactions to go through nics will prevent sales to felons you have become an accomplice to the idea that it will be enough to satisfy the Feinsteins of the country. Making conciliatory overtures to those kind of people gives them fuel to continue their assault on our rights.
What will be next? Make all firearms transactions everywhere go through nics, then all magazine sales, then all ammo sales?
I dont know why you think you are negotiating with people who are acting in good faith. They will want more and more because that is who they are.

That's where you are screwing this up. I'm not negotiating with those people. They don't know **** from guns, and are amazingly irrelevant to the discussion. They are harpy, shrill shrews (even the girlyboi men wannabe antis) whose ridiculous arguments affect nobody's opinion except the profoundly ignorant.

As a person who enjoys guns, who enjoys having the ability to protect myself and my loved ones, and who agrees that the fact that we have so many guns is a huge deterrent that keeps our Government from crossing a certain line, I am uncomfortable with the community that we are all a part of enabling criminals to buy our guns at gun shows.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think its about showing Them that we are policing our own , Without adding New Laws..i.e....NO NEW LAWS

.OH and come pry my towstraps from my Coold fingers ....Brrrr

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please provide evidence (even anectodal) that criminals are using armslist and OSA to buy firearms. Especially OSA, I'm calling BS on that one.

Wait, you believe that criminals will go to gun shows to buy guns but not online, anonymous websites?
Further, if you think it doesnt happen on OSA or Armslist then why not figure out how we are able to pull off that extraordinary feat and apply that method to preventing sales to crims at gun shows.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please provide evidence (even anectodal) that criminals are using armslist and OSA to buy firearms. Especially OSA, I'm calling BS on that one.

How about the friggin' newspaper? No admission fee and no police presence. http://newsok.com/classifieds/merchandise/Sporting-Outdoors (The $2,000 Bushmasters provide some levity, LOL)

Seriously man, why are gun shows so special that we need to cede more of our rights in order to "protect" them? There is no gun show loophole.

Felons can get guns, they always have, and always will be able to. How much of your freedom are you willing to give up to try to prevent it?

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think if anything we need to pass a law restoring the rights to guns for every non violent felon.

There aren't too many exceptions listed after "shall not be infringed".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom