Three Men Arrested After Buying Gun At Gun Show In OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have not heard how that background checks on gun show purchases constitutes "ceding any more of our rights". If you are a law abiding citizen and are able to purchase, trade or sell firearms freely at market prices, without limits (other than your max credit on your Mastercard), and you are able to legally enjoy the ownership thereof, then your rights seem to be fully intact.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about the friggin' newspaper? No admission fee and no police presence. http://newsok.com/classifieds/merchandise/Sporting-Outdoors (The $2,000 Bushmasters provide some levity, LOL)

Seriously man, why are gun shows so special that we need to cede more of our rights in order to "protect" them? There is no gun show loophole.

Felons can get guns, they always have, and always will be able to. How much of your freedom are you willing to give up to try to prevent it?

You've shown that there might be ability to buy, but you haven't show where it's common, or even that it's happening.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's correct. Ours doesn't qualify to bypass NICS right now because we allow 10 year renewals. If we went back to 5 year, ours would qualify.
Are you sure about that? Until 2001, we had 4-year renewals; my original SDA License allowed me to bypass NICS, but my renewal (in 2000, IIRC) did not.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have not heard how that background checks on gun show purchases constitutes "ceding any more of our rights". If you are a law abiding citizen and are able to purchase, trade or sell firearms freely at market prices, without limits (other than your max credit on your Mastercard), and you are able to legally enjoy the ownership thereof, then your rights seem to be fully intact.

I still haven't heard why gun shows are such a problem that we need a law mandating background checks for all gun show transactions.

Where is the data to show gun shows are a major source of firearms for felons worthy of such attention?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put a sign above each door at the gunshows that says "Felons Prohibited". That'll keep the riff raff out.

...LOL. That and we can create a "Felon Free Zone" 1000ft around any gunshow, or gunshop. That'll work too.

Where's Congress when we really need them?

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...LOL. That and we can create a "Felon Free Zone" 1000ft around any gunshow, or gunshop. That'll work too.

Where's Congress when we really need them?

Dude, we're on to something big here. We need someone to print up some Felon Buster signs. They'll go like hotcackes.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...or we can let felons into gun shows but their hands need to be zip-tied...like any personal guns that come in.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SNIPPED......I am uncomfortable with the community that we are all a part of enabling criminals to buy our guns at gun shows.

I wouldn't exactly call it "enabling". Pretty much everyone posting here has stated that they wouldn't sell if they thought something was afoot. Those that will sell knowingly are already breaking a law are they not? Why do we have to keep giving and giving and giving? I think that we are self policing well enough. Sure the "system" gets gamed, but like stated before, it always has and it always will. Criminals are going to be criminals regardless of what restrictions we put on ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom