To the person that ran over my dog....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had the misfortune of watching a pet get hit, they didn't stop and that's okay. If they're heartless & didn't care I'd rather not talk to them & if they do feel bad, I don't want them to have to come talk to me about it. Sorry for your loss & especially sorry your little one saw it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry the kid had to see it but i'll just stop there about pets running loose.
I agree, my dogs are yard dogs and I keep them in with a DogGuard under ground fence system. It works very well and the dogs do not cross it or test it. If my dogs got out and got ran over, i would have no one to blame but myself.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
That's a terrible way to start the day.

I came up on a dog that had been hit once, only thing was they had another dog that was standing over the body in the road. I barely missed the second dog. I did go back and move the body out of the road, so they wouldn't have to deal with losing two dogs.

I'd probably stop, but I can't say for sure. I went to school with a friend who hit someone's dog; it ran smack out in front of him. He did stop, and the owners came out. The guy went back inside, and the wife told my buddy he better not be out there when he came back out. I've also had a dog get hit, and I'm not sure it'd have been a good thing if I'd seen the guy at the time; and I was just in high school then.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few months back I was pulling out of our new hood onto nw 122nd st and there was a Boston Terrier laying on the double yellow there. Looked like he was just laying there, no visibile trauma etc. I Drove by slowly and pulled to the side. Had my 7 year old in the truck with me. I walked up to the little guy and still could not tell what was up but there was the smallest puncture wound in his left upper quadrant. Very little blood. He was not breathing but was warm to the touch. No discernible heartbeat either. Carried him to the side of the road and as I am trying to help the dog in any way the owner stops at the outlet of our hood and has his kids in the truck with him and wife as well. Apparently the dog had literally just ran out of the house and into the street just before I pulled up. I gave him my floor mat to roll up the little guy in and he carried him away. Actually, now that I recall it was a female dog. Had a collar with name tag etc. Cute dog. No one stopped. I was pissed and it was not even my dog.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

maybe a stupid question, but if there was property damage to vehicle, could the owner of the dog be sued for it?

Last edited:

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

maybe a stupid question, but if there was property damage to vehicle, could the owner be sued for it?

Owner of the dog? Most likely, yes. I was contracted one time to build a device that would impact test those big vinyl fence posts. The point was that a guy had horses penned up with them, and one broke through. The owner of the car who hit one was suing the guy for improperly keeping the horses.
Obviously hitting a horse can cause WAY more damage, injury, and sometimes death. But the point is similar..

Latest posts

Top Bottom