Trespasser pic thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out to an 880 acre property my company owns north of Talihina yesterday just to check on it and run of trespassers. It didn't take long to find one. Trespasser #1 adjoins the property and actually hung a gate on his fence going onto our's, with a well beaten path that was clear he had been on it constantly. We were hanging No Trespassing signs and he came down to investigate what we were doing on "his lease". Made it clear this was not his and asked that he not step foot on it again. I piled up a bunch of brush in front of the gate. After this we were quite pissed and rode on. Found 5 more wire gap gates where people had been making themselves at home, so now the steam was rising. Bout 5:00pm we came across a Polaris Ranger parked at the top of the ridge in the middle of the property. We yelled and yelled but no one would show themselves. We were going to wait him out and about an hour later a guy in full camo with a rifle comes walking up the logging road. I asked him if he was lost, and he said no. I asked if he had permission to be here and he started to get lippy and replied "do you?" This about sent me over the edge but stayed calm and told him we were the ONLY ones that had permission to be here. I asked his name and he wouldn't give it to me without me giving mine, so I did. He said his name then started back peddling a little bit. Informed me he was just "looking at the property possibly to buy." I asked him how he got access as the gates were locked, he said he came in through ol so and so's land and was looking at the timber. Claimed over and over that this was his first time on the property, but then proceeded to name numerous spots on the land of which he obviously was well acquainted. He claimed he was not hunting, to which I replied "do you always look at land in full camo, rifle in hand, with no orange? How are you going to explain that to the game warden?" He turned jackass when I mentioned the game warden, how he wasn't a poacher and didn't appreciate the remark. I replied that I did not appreciate him trespassing without permission, armed, in camo, with no orange. He finally got in his Ranger and we followed him out and wired the gate shut. We were in the mountains, no cell service, and everyone was armed, so I didn't want a brawl going on and couldn't call the warden or sheriff, not that it does any good. Even if they do get fined, it means nothing to them.

There are some sorry sons of bitches out there.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. There are some areas that I would really like to hunt but without permission I would never have the balls to do it. Maybe it doesn't take balls for stupid people.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
rOO7sa here is how you do it first off you get there gun,do'nt act like you own it when you see them you say having any luck,tell them your scouting and seen a monster buck just over the the ridge.then its is man that sure is a good looking gun what is it ,may i check it out now gun is in your hands,now let the cat out of the bag,tell him he is trespassing and to get @$^&## off my place. the fellow i told that to said give me my gun back,i told him thank you for your bussines one gun for one deeer hunt,we are even i ran him off and kept his gun never seen him again.i would of told him to leave his four wheeler and walk out,if he wants it back go call the sheriff and tell him your problem

APeterson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
rOO7sa here is how you do it first off you get there gun,do'nt act like you own it when you see them you say having any luck,tell them your scouting and seen a monster buck just over the the ridge.then its is man that sure is a good looking gun what is it ,may i check it out now gun is in your hands,now let the cat out of the bag,tell him he is trespassing and to get @$^&## off my place. the fellow i told that to said give me my gun back,i told him thank you for your bussines one gun for one deeer hunt,we are even i ran him off and kept his gun never seen him again.i would of told him to leave his four wheeler and walk out,if he wants it back go call the sheriff and tell him your problem

Interesting idea. However, you may end up in a sticky situation with this scenario and end up getting shot. Is revenge, a rifle and four wheeler worth your life?
Warn the gentlemen in the sternest possible way, call the game warden or other law enforcement. Just my opinion

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as I'd LIKE to do that, this is remote SE Oklahoma and you better be prepared for someone to call your bluff. Ain't no deer worth my life... or his. If this were my land and not the company's, each gate I found would have a buried 2x4 with 4" screws sticking out. Harmless to a human, but a real pisser to a 4wheeler. Pretty much impossible to police the property due to remoteness. Laws with minor penalties don't stop these kinda folks, you can't do anything that could cause harm (neck level piano wire on a trail), not sure what you do other than make it expensive for them to trespass. Even then, there is retribution to worry about... one stray dog dragging a burning rag of diesel fuel and you lose thousands in timber. Just not worth the risk sometimes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had to deal with more than one trespasser in the day.
Delt with folks that said they had a lease, others that said they had permission, blah, blah.
I generally don't chew their butts, but let them know they are in violation of the law, and this is their free chance to keep from getting a ticket.
Can't say I've had any repeat offenders that I'm aware of. I guess I'm kind of spooked from the butt chewings by a guy I knew that was the road hunting king. If he got caught, or chewed out. He would come back later and burn the wheat right at harvest or worse. He was a total jerk, thinking all land was his to hunt on, and I'm proud to say I helped put him in the slammer.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I wouldn't take a gun just because of the possible ramifications. I would however empty it of ammo and keep the ammo.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had some folks out here, last year I believe maybe the year before, that had given this "guide" a good sum of money for guided hunts. What this "guide" did in turn was drop these unsuspecting people off on land that he didn't have permission to be on, some of land had hunting rights leased by other people. Can't remember what happened to the guy or if he even got caught.

I'm in a club that has several leases and we are supposed to "police" the land while we are out there for trespassers. I've never seen anyone trespassing on any of the leases but I did have a landowner try to tell me where I could and couldn't hunt on the lease because he had family that hunted out there. I then informed him that there was no one on the list, other than club members that could be hunting out there and that if I saw anyone other than club members hunting they would be charged with trespassing. Never has a problem with him since.

Life was a Hell of a lot easier when I was younger and a man could put up hay and build fence for permission to hunt.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would just find out where they park their vehicles when they come to the land. Four tire valve stems missing the stems can be a real *****.

Works just the same on Polaris Rangers, John Deere Gators, 4 Wheelers, etc. Inexpensive to fix but extremely inconvenient. Especially if you can get their tow rig too.

Inexpensive but inconvenient is best suited for this type of situation. Soon they will equate your land with missing valve stems and not want to be back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom