Tri-City Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountain287

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea...I heard that over 200 didn't re-up last year. Something about a fight over the new Skeet Range. We will just have to see that January 2011 holds.

I've been a member of the club for several years and I wasn't really sure what that fight was about. Meetings were uncomfortable at times.

The skeet range is up and running and looks really nice. The club is rebuilding the 200 yard range in the near future, which includes new benches and overhead cover.

I like the fact that the club is now spending some money for range improvements.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also what other club lets you bring as many guests as you want through out the year?

As a member of the OKCGC and the Stillwater Rifle and Pistol Club, I don't recall any restrictions other than one guest at at time. You can take someone different every time you go. One guest per member / associate member at a time. If my better half and I both go, we can "guest in" two - one for each of us.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been a member of the club for several years and I wasn't really sure what that fight was about. Meetings were uncomfortable at times.

The skeet range is up and running and looks really nice. The club is rebuilding the 200 yard range in the near future, which includes new benches and overhead cover.

I like the fact that the club is now spending some money for range improvements.

Yes the skeet range is a fine addition and a good value to the members. But if they take even half as long to renovate the long range as it took to build the skeet range and the short range renovation, there are going to be some really pissed off members. They need to get the financing in place and the permits in hand before they ever pick up a shovel. They really need to just contract it out so it will get done quickly. No need whatever for it to take 4 or 5 months or however the heck long like the short range did.

mountain287

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes the skeet range is a fine addition and a good value to the members. But if they take even half as long to renovate the long range as it took to build the skeet range and the short range renovation, there are going to be some really pissed off members. They need to get the financing in place and the permits in hand before they ever pick up a shovel. They really need to just contract it out so it will get done quickly. No need whatever for it to take 4 or 5 months or however the heck long like the short range did.

I agree. The long range needs to contracted out......and I don't mean "contracted to a TCGC member who knows a little bit about construction". I mean an actual, reputable, construction contractor who is not associated with the club.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of yous can have my spot -- I am not renewing.

It's fine and good if you like to sight in your hunting rifle and take a friend out there once or twice a year, but it's pretty worthless if you actually compete or train.

I shot ONE of their "IPSC" matches and feel really lucky that no one got injured or killed. Hands down it was the most atrocious range safety I have ever seen...

Jholmes

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a member of the OKCGC and the Stillwater Rifle and Pistol Club, I don't recall any restrictions other than one guest at at time. You can take someone different every time you go. One guest per member / associate member at a time. If my better half and I both go, we can "guest in" two - one for each of us.

Below is a copy of OKCGC's policy on guests. You are not limited this way at TCGC. I can bring multiple guests as many times as I wish to the range.

3. GUEST POLICY

a. Senior members my bring not more than two (2) guests to shoot at the range at any one time, except for members of his/her immediate family.
b. Associate members may bring no more than one (1) guest to shoot at the range at any one time, except for members of his/her immediate family.
c. A guest may not shoot on the range more than five (5) times per calendar year. Guests under the age of 18 are exempt from this rule.
d. Guests must shoot from the same bench or firing point as their host.
e. Guests must obey the rules of the Club, and their safe and courteous conduct is the responsibility of the host member.
f. Guest must be accompanied by their host at all times.

mountain287

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've taken as many as 8 guest at a time to TCGC. Most of the members are friendly. I went yesterday, there were 10 people shooting. I had the 50 yard range to myself. I have seen a few safety issues in the past, but there were quickly corrected by other shooters or an RSO.

I usually shoot on Friday afternoons. It's not uncommon to have the entire facility to yourself during the week.

RCM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i think safety issues can arise at any range.. i was out at Canadian, and some young 18-20 yr old kid just took off walking down range without a word to any of the other shooters.. .. i was amazed that someone would just take off walking down the path with people shooting on both sides.. a few of us went down and talked to him afterwards, and quickly let other shooters know he was walking down to cease fire. it is everyones job at the range to help promote safety.

Latest posts

Top Bottom