Tri City Gun Club's New $125 Initiation Fee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother-in-law said that Tri-City is charging a new $125 initiation fee now. He's a little cross with it because he didn't join last year because of job obligations and he feels like he's paying for a year he didn't use because of the new fee. It basically doubles the amount $120 membership + $125 fee = $245. Now he wishes he would've joined even if he wouldn'thave used it much. He says it would have been cheaper doing that. He's been a member for quite a few years execpt for last year.

Do any Tri-City members know why their doing this now? Do the other clubs charge an initiation fee?

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding was that it was either that, or increase the fees for everyone. It seems to me like a better choice given how many people were on the waiting list. They stopped taking names for the waiting list back in like september because there were too many, lol. OKC gun club has a $50 initiation fee, but their annual fees are also $60 more than Tri City. TCGC has some big plans for expansion and that money has to come from somewhere.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Only one more reason to go to Thunderbird range... It's 500 yards and Ken is one nice guy to deal with without all this.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They didn't mention it at the December renewal meeting that I attended. But they also talked about how they had a huge waiting list so I'm surprised to hear anyone is getting in. Considering how inexpensive the annual membership is I wouldn't be surprised at them implementing something like that.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only one more reason to go to Thunderbird range... It's 500 yards and Ken is one nice guy to deal with without all this.

What's the skinny on thunderbird? Is it a membership or pay as you go? Is this the range on Douglas and SE 149th?

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the skinny on thunderbird? Is it a membership or pay as you go? Is this the range on Douglas and SE 149th?

I haven't been to Thunderbird yet and my information may be a little dated. If I remember correctly it is a pay as you go place. I believe it is located off of Highway 9 not too far east of Harrah Newalla Rd..

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thunderbird Range - 20264 Fishmarket Rd, near Pink. Phone number is 405-598-8220 and Ken is there Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, and Sat. Call ahead to make sure he's open though, I've heard he sometimes isn't there but I've only gone on Saturdays and he was always there. It's 10 for non-leo, non-mil with a sign-in sheet and pay jar at the door. Sign-in, pay your fee, talk to Ken and he'll give you the tour. It's well set up and always fun to go to.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was out there today at the same time a new member safety meeting was going on. There was a pretty good sized bunch going thru it. The RSO asked how many had been on the waiting list over a year and a bunch of hands went up. They didn't seem to mind the new fee. TCGC has a lot going on for it with the Skeet/Trap ranges, Archery range, Airgun range, plus others. Well worth the price of membership, IMO. Last I saw on their web site they still haven't opened up for new applications. When they do the applicants will still have a pretty good wait.

Latest posts

Top Bottom