Tri City Gun Club's New $125 Initiation Fee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think it's a large number because you have to be a regular member for 5 years before the lifetime can kick in. a good number of the members are associate members cause they don't want to pay the land fee.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How long has it been in place? I wonder how many life members there are?

a small percentage of the whole. We have ~1500 members last I heard, and I'd be surprised if there were more than 50, and a good portion of those are the staff/active club members. They've been associate members for at least 2 years (a pre-req for being a regular member) and a regular member for at least 5 years, and have to be over 65, so most of them have been members for a long time. I just hit my 2 year mark, and upgraded to a regular member because the land fee is a good cause, and pays for itself if you stay a member more than 5 years. It's a great club and well worth every penny.

If you're chapped because you feel like you're paying for the old geezers memberships, relax. They've put in their dues too, and they're probably not going to hang around much longer, so let them have some fun while they can :P

jediz

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're chapped because you feel like you're paying for the old geezers memberships, relax. They've put in their dues too, and they're probably not going to hang around much longer, so let them have some fun while they can :P

Respectfully, the life time membership has been in place for quite some time. Requirments are, regular membership for 5 years and 65 years of age.

Does anyone know how long the life memberships have been available? It's just a question, no need to be so defensive.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding was that it was either that, or increase the fees for everyone. It seems to me like a better choice given how many people were on the waiting list. They stopped taking names for the waiting list back in like september because there were too many, lol. OKC gun club has a $50 initiation fee, but their annual fees are also $60 more than Tri City. TCGC has some big plans for expansion and that money has to come from somewhere.

To clarify for OKCGC,

First year is $50 initiation fee and $180 for membership. So $230 for your first year. As a new associate member you have to do a "work day" for the first 2 years. This "work day" takes $80 off your dues next year. So the second year it is only $100.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long the life memberships have been available? It's just a question, no need to be so defensive.

I think they started them right after I joined, so like 2 years-ish.

To clarify for OKCGC,

First year is $50 initiation fee and $180 for membership. So $230 for your first year. As a new associate member you have to do a "work day" for the first 2 years. This "work day" takes $80 off your dues next year. So the second year it is only $100.

Good to know. I tried to get one of my friends to get a membership out there so we could trade off going to different ranges instead of him mooching off my TCGC membership for another year. Didn't work :(

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to realize the land fee is reouped over 5 years if you are a full member as the member dues are less. Like said the money has to come from somewhere to make new improvements and to buy land for more ranges.

I got lucky and renewed and will prob move up to a full member next time around.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A legitimate question. I've been a life member for the last five years. Joined as associate in 94, I think, Upgraded to regular 2 or 3 years latter. Back then the fee was, $100, refundable if you left the club, that was changed a few years ago. I'm sorry I can't give a more definitive answer, will try to find more info. I would like to say that during the last few years there have been many improvements made, modern rest rooms. concreted firinglines, with better covers and shooting benches, a stat house. covered pavillion, skeet & trap, with more and bigger and longer ranges planned. Oh, yes, we also have an archery range. Personally, I feel as though the current adm. is doing a real good Job. I am an old geezer, as opposed to more dignified senior citizens. I generally go out there at least once, usually twice a week. You will probably never see me, cause I go on week days, and not in the evenings. I hope you enjoy the club.

Latest posts

Top Bottom