True Boxing Gym?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dallengrove

New to the site!
Reaction score
You may want to search the web for USABOXING for Oklahoma and see who might be the nearest person/gym to you. I stopped back in 04 and know a few members have changed/retired. They may let you work out with the other boxers, but some of them will not let you work out unless you become a USABOXING member. This was do to insurance reasons and after you were a member you would not have any fees. Again this was back in 2004. You also might be able to call to see who is in the area. The people I knew may or may not still be around but their names were Sam Burnstead out of Shawnee Okla (might have been President or a director) the other was my coach Walt Lloyd (Rocket Top Gym) out of Jay Ok. Walt had a number of boxers turn pro one of the students was Tommy Morrison before he moved on and turned pro and had another student that lived in Tulsa that changed and went to kickboxing and was a 3 time world champion. I only remember his first name "Richard". Walt was a Olympic coach of the year and knew tons of people in the business. Another one that comes to mind is the old owner of South Side gym but he sold the gym and moved to Salliesaw Ok. He also knew a lot of people and was a good coach to train a righty to southpaw.

In the OKC area I would have to say Conan's in Norman. I knew a number of people that went there for MMA and he trained me for a short time in boxing before he even advertised boxing back in 1996-97. I do not know if he still offers the one day sparring. It was on Saturdays and you were able to get in the ring with someone in the same field wither it be boxing, kickboxing, karate, MMA, etc... Scott used a number of training drills that kickboxers use but it sure did help with foot speed and cardio.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took from Cecil for around 6 years. He is a really nice guy and its a good hardcore style sweaty boxing gym. His gym is Team Lethal Boxing at 56th and Memorial.

Latest posts

Top Bottom