Trump for Pres?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But the end game's pretty much the same.

Sure, we get to argue about gun control or abortion, or whether or not grandma's going to starve if they take the extreme measure of cutting 1½% of the budget, but otherwise this train is headed to the same station, regardless of who's in the locomotive.

Unfortunately this is what I see. Our system is a Republic not a direct democracy. It was never meant to allow the people to exercise direct control. It was not the American people who directly voted for the civil war that killed so many Americans on both sides, it was Lincoln. I was not asked about Libya, Obama decided that in violation of the Constitution, he didn't even ask Congress (look how at many people care at the direct violation of the Constitution). Things that we control and things that we don't, either by design or by forces beyond our control, or because we allowed things to deteriorate to that point.
The Republicans are against gun control and against abortion and by golly, I AM A REPUBLICAN.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to think long-term. Sure, if we don't support the statist GOP candidate a communist Democrat might get 4 years in office... but if we never stand up to the statists in the GOP and keep letting them put their candidates up year after year, we will still end up slowly sliding towards totalitarianism. Even if it means losing some elections in the short run, we need to purge the GOP of statists so we can possibly one day have a major political party that actually stands for individual liberty, and can actually start reversing some of the central control and planning of our lives instead of just increasing it slowly.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
we could use a BUSINESSMAN (or woman) to run this country back outta the ground.

Remember that it was a businessman (Ross Perot) who split the conservative vote and gave us 8 years of Klinton Korruption. Trump has always struck me as being too self serving to offer to run for purely altruistic reasons. It's either his ego or his wallet that motivates him.

But, if obummer is the demoRATic candidate, and if Trump is the alternative, I'll vote Trump.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what's your take on those issues and the Republican god Ronald Reagan?

Considering that this is a gun nut forum you could guess my take on the gun issue, the abortion issue is too complex to tackle here. Reagan is a mixed bag. He made stupid mistakes like the Marines in Lebanon but he was in office at a very unique time in history and was smart enough to see that he could change history and destroy the Soviet Empire. One very bad policy decision that I still remember was when he announced that we don't need manufacturing in this country, that we can make do with a service economy. He then proceeded to allow the Japanese to devastate our economy, when he got out of office he went to Japan, made a speech, collected a few millions (quid pro quo?)and returned to California a little richer.

It's either his ego or his wallet that motivates him.

I strongly believe that we should never worry that the presidential candidates have an ego issue. I think we have to accept that as a given, the same way we accept that they eat and go to the bathroom.
Nobody but a megalomaniac would think that without a doubt, he is the best choice out of hundreds of millions. Who else would go through such a long campaign process telling everybody that he is the "one".
We just have to pick the megalomaniac we think is the best of the bunch.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember that it was a businessman (Ross Perot) who split the conservative vote and gave us 8 years of Klinton Korruption.

Considering Perot's position on MANY issues, including guns, abortion, health care, education, taxes, a free trade, it'd be a stretch to claim that Perot "split the conservative vote" unless you're saying that Clinton is a conservative.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Considering that this is a gun nut forum you could guess my take on the gun issue, the abortion issue is too complex to tackle here. Reagan is a mixed bag. He made stupid mistakes like the Marines in Lebanon but he was in office at a very unique time in history and was smart enough to see that he could change history and destroy the Soviet Empire. One very bad policy decision that I still remember was when he announced that we don't need manufacturing in this country, that we can make do with a service economy. He then proceeded to allow the Japanese to devastate our economy, when he got out of office he went to Japan, made a speech, collected a few millions (quid pro quo?)and returned to California a little richer.

I was talking about those issues versus Reagan's performance on them. Reagan pushed for stricter gun control and even expressed support for the Brady Bill. Reagan also supported abortion as Governor of the State of California. Yet Reagan is regarded as the ideal that conservatives should aspire to be.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Considering Perot's position on MANY issues, including guns, abortion, health care, education, taxes, a free trade, it'd be a stretch to claim that Perot "split the conservative vote" unless you're saying that Clinton is a conservative.

I doubt that he meant that Clinton is a conservative.
I think he prolly meant that the Republican vote was split between Bush and Perot. Clinton got elected with a very small percentage lead over Bush.

Latest posts

Top Bottom