Tulsa Range Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you shoot?

• RCGC

Votes: 54 17.4%
  • Oil Capitol

Votes: 33 10.6%
  • USSA

Votes: 73 23.5%
  • Tulsa Firearms

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • Medlocks

Votes: 30 9.6%
  • Other: Please explain

Votes: 87 28.0%

• Total voters

ahamay6

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now, I use Happy Hollow. Its a great range and definately the most inexpensive unless you shoot very frequently. However, I would like to know more about Red Castle's indoor range theyre building in town. That would make it worth joining for me.

ikindoit

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently I've been going to Green Country Safe Shooters, by Oolagah. Pretty nice pistol range for shooting paper targets, out to 50 feet. Also has a few steel plates to shoot at. They also have a 250 yard rifle range available. The folks that run it are easy to get along with, and prices are very reasonable at 10.00 per person for the pistol range, and 20.00 for the rifle. They're only open Fri, Sat, and Sun, but fits my schedule right. Check out the website for more info.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
However, I would like to know more about Red Castle's indoor range theyre building in town. That would make it worth joining for me.

It was open - kind of. No centerfire pistol larger than 38 Special, and all ammo had to be lead. Then, last I heard it was closed again because they were installing/upgrading the ventilation systems.

If they're really finally moving on the ventilation then it should be open in a few months. Fingers crossed.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was open - kind of. No centerfire pistol larger than 38 Special, and all ammo had to be lead. Then, last I heard it was closed again because they were installing/upgrading the ventilation systems.

If they're really finally moving on the ventilation then it should be open in a few months. Fingers crossed.

Thats 2 different ranges. The junior range which has been open for years is open to members. Tue. wed. thursday about 11:00 - 1:30 and fri nights about 6-9 or something like that. cost $1 member limited to air guns, 22s, and light load centerfire pistol.

The big range is the one they are installing the ventilation system on.
19 firing points 1/2 to 50 feet and 1/2 to 25 yards. will handle most any handgun caliber.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats 2 different ranges. The junior range which has been open for years is open to members. Tue. wed. thursday about 11:00 - 1:30 and fri nights about 6-9 or something like that. cost $1 member limited to air guns, 22s, and light load centerfire pistol.

The big range is the one they are installing the ventilation system on.
19 firing points 1/2 to 50 feet and 1/2 to 25 yards. will handle most any handgun caliber.

Cool.

I know everyone is constantly asking this, but any idea when it'll be open? It seems like it's finally reaching the endgame here.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought they were just putting in some simple ductwork like for central heat and air.
But the stuff I saw going up the other day looked pretty complicated.
They are also putting in some kind of heaters. I think like the long infra-red ones at home depot and mechanics shops that radiate down from the ceiling.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If "complicated" means "effective," then good! I look forward to shooting at an indoor range where I'm not blowing black snot out of my nose afterward. *cough* Tulsa Firearms *cough*

so far they have installed 33 - 12" duct tubes from a 6' intake fan bringing in fresh air behind the firing line (so many so its a gentle flow) and are installing 3 large 4' filtered exhausts at points downrange. definitely should be no smoke problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom