UFC 140 Where you at?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bhop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
anyone have the card dvr'd? who wouldnt mind watchin it again with a fellow osa'er? do you guys follow any local fighters or promotions or just "the big show"?

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have it on the dvr. i get to hear josh bryant on the radio in the mornings from time to time.. there are few other local guys that ive seen but dont know their names.

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm ready for Jones to loose now. I had a lot of respect for him as a fighter. But after he dropped Machida like that knowing that he was knocked out is not cool in my book. Sad thing is I don't know who Dana and Joe can put in front of him to stop him. Machida had the best showing against him so far, but you see how that turned out. :(

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The next people in line to fight Jones is Dan Henderson or Rashad Evans and then Phil Davis. If I was a betting man I would put my money on Jones on all those fights. As for him dropping Machida like that I understand where you coming from because the classy thing to do is let him down to the canvas easy, but you have to remember they are in a fight. They are trained fighters and it's a physical sport, they are not out there to play nice and make friends, they are trying to hurt the other guy in front of them. If you look at it this way it's more Machida's fault then Jones's. Machida should have tapped and that would of never happened, he knew he was going to sleep if he didn't tap and so he should have tapped. Same with Nog, you want to blame Mir for breaking his arm or Nog for not tapping when he knew what would happen if he didn't tap. They are professionals they should know when to tap. That's why you hear Tap, Nap or Snap.

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While Jones does seems kind of douchey, I think his actions were completely legit after the sub. The ref said to let go and he did. It's not his fault Machida's stupid pride wouldn't let him tap. What is he supposed to do craddle him like a effin baby and gently lay his head on the canvas. If anything, it was McCarthy's fault for not grabbing Machida.
As for the future of the LHW division, it's looking pretty bleak. Dan might be able to clip him, but outside of that, idk. But then again I remember thinking a similar thing a while back when Machida held the title.
One thing is for certain though, I can't wait to see Jones smash Rashad. I love seeing that guy get hit.

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we are all splitting hairs here.

Should Machita have tapped? Yes. Should Big Jon had a better hold on him? Yes. Should you get away from a fighter after the fight is over? Yes. Is it classless to drop an opponent like that? Yes.

Everything I've seen or herd about Jon up until that point as all been good. Unless you want to count all the Twitter stuff with Rampage.

Like I said before, I'm ready for Jones to loose. Just don't know who can do it.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i like mr bones jones. hes on the other side of the spectrum as the diaz gangsters. hate to hear gsp is having acl surgery and going to be out 10 months. I wanted to see him pound nick and maybee choke him out and throw his unconscious body to the floor!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom