USPS says "delivered" but no package

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$1000+ package should be shipped insured and signature required. BGs walk off with somebody's mail all the time - especially around holiday season.
If the **** hits the fan - in the end it's the shipper's responsibility to properly insure a package, unless it was offered and you explicitly declined to spend the extra buck.

Hopefully you find it though.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$1000+ package should be shipped insured and signature required. BGs walk off with somebody's mail all the time - especially around holiday season.
If the **** hits the fan - in the end it's the shipper's responsibility to properly insure a package, unless it was offered and you explicitly declined to spend the extra buck.

Hopefully you find it though.

This - and I'd recommend using a carrier with a real tracking system next time (nothing against USPS, but in something as expensive as an ACOG, you want it tracked in a manner other than "delivered", which is what USPS pretty much tells you up front, so there should be no surprises).

Oh and I hope you didn't use PayPal - they only require a tracking confirmation for disputes. If you chose not to insure, and you've got something saying "delivered" even if its a box full of rocks, you'll have a hard time convincing PayPal to refund your money.

Hope it all works out.

Laubage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I didn't use paypal, so I should be in the clear for that. We'll see... I'm going to the range tomorrow with a bunch of buddies, so I won't be able to swing by the Post Office to check with them. Ahh, I hate feeling like this.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
do you have a mailbox or slot? If a mailbox check it real good if shipped requiring a sig. there may be a card somewhere. If a slot it may have slid halfway across the room and you haven't seen it.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Send pstmstr a PM and let him know if it's a no show, he helped me locate a package that had been lost for a week.

Yep, pm me with the number, your name, address, and senders return address info. The details you show above indicate it was delivered to your address. The carrier could have screwed up and scanned it delivered, then forgot it when they came by your house. If that's the case, you will get it today. If that happens, pm me the info anyway, carrier needs to explain why. If not, I will dig into it Monday, I'm out of town this weekend. Anything over a couple of hundred bucks should always be sent insured, no matter what company is used. I deliver UPS packages for them 1 block down the street fairly often. Everyone screws up once in a while. It ticks me off when it's us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom