Vasectomy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had myself done in the early 80's.

After the doc got me laid out on the table and gave me a couple of deadening shots (real fun) a young nurse came
in to assist.

She looked at me and her eyes kind of widened and she looked at the doc and said
"Dang doc.....I didn't know we done Brahma Bulls!"

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Used a hydraulic squeeze chute to hold everything still. Pulled the sack straight down to stretch it good. Cut the bottom 1-1/2" maybe 2" of sack off with a quick swipe of my sterile (wiped 2 strokes on wranglers) Case stockman. Used middle blade, the one with straight cutting edge. Then I grabbed the nuts one at a time and pulled until I felt the cords pop. Then I cut the cords while I had both nuts pulled out a ways so the cord above the cut would spring back up inside the scrotum incision cavity.

We do the squeeze chute, cut the back of the sack, pull and nut and tube, and the the tube gets clamped in a hemostat clamp that's fastened to an apparatus in a cordless drill. Spins all the tubing out with the nut at the bottom, then throw on the pad so the dogs get to eat lol. I'll have to see if I've got some pics still. The vet in Pond Creek does the same.

Go to 2:45, same removal procedure only this is on a horse.

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We do the squeeze chute, cut the back of the sack, pull and nut and tube, and the the tube gets clamped in a hemostat clamp that's fastened to an apparatus in a cordless drill. Spins all the tubing out with the nut at the bottom, then throw on the pad so the dogs get to eat lol. I'll have to see if I've got some pics still. The vet in Pond Creek does the same.

Those gals acted like they were enjoying that a little too much.

"No longer a man."

Damn!

And that horse was on some serious drugs to lay still through that.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

DAMN, Okie! You ruined it for me! I had some smart-a$$ed comments but, NOT NOW!

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, "total city guy" here. If you others are out on the ranch to raise cattle, hell some of you might make a living that way. -- If one potential mama cow does not 'take" with one bull, why would you deprive her with another bull?

Latest posts

Top Bottom