Nobody is buying s**t these days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not understand why somebody gets mad at a low ball offer. They didn't build the gun, they have nothing invested in the gun but money, yet they take it personal. If you ever see something of mine posted in the classifieds, do not hesitate to make me an offer.I don't get mad.lol
if you don't ask the answers always no....however there's a thin line between low offer and insult

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is SO true. I love looking at ads on Craigslist or elsewhere that say something like: Car for sale

No other info or pictures.

Looking at a RV ad, this morning:

2017 XYZ motorhome
29k miles
New awning

I messaged: PERTINENT INFORMATION NEEDED

Seller responded: what more do need?

ETA: further communications

Me: Pertinent Information, motor? Trans? chassis? generator? size? Condition of tires? A/C? Roof?
Known problems?

Response: I don't know. Husband out of town till next weekend.

Me: location? I would like to inspect.

Response: Duncan

Me: where can I see it?

Response: Duncan, OKLAHOMA

Me: CASH in hand, WHERE CAN I INSPECT THIS RV?

Response: I'm not giving my address to anybody I don't know.

Me: you are too stupid to sell anything. Reported to Admins as SCAM and a moron.

Ad was removed.

Last edited:

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you don't ask the answers always no....however there's a thin line between low offer and insult
Last night I bought a R- 10/22,
They wanted $300, I offered $150 offer was accepted. I expected them to come back at $200 that’s the price I going for. Never know till you ask!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last night I bought a R- 10/22,
They wanted $300, I offered $150 offer was accepted. I expected them to come back at $200 that’s the price I going for. Never know till you ask!

That's a good deal.

The only way I'm gonna discount something 50% is if I mark it up to twice what I want for it.

A member made me a very reasonable offer last night on something I'm selling. I agreed to accept his offer even though I thought my price was fair. But he was polite and reasonable. To me, that shows that he knows I put value on my item and he respects that, just like I know his money means something to him.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RIGHT! And your incredible deal (along with pictures we all like to see) that you were fortunate enough to pay just a third the value for, becomes your new normal.
No. I said a 1976 Colt Python with a 3 inch barrel. The 3 inchers were the rarest and probably sell for about $5,000 in mint condition with box and papers. Likely, more. I just haven't seen one in ... forever.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. I said a 1976 Colt Python with a 3 inch barrel. The 3 inchers were the rarest and probably sell for about $5,000 in mint condition with box and papers. Likely, more. I just haven't seen one in ... forever.
The “Right!” Was appreciation of your post.

The rest was for those showing their new purchase bought at a third the going price and implying that was some kind of standard for fair prices here.

in other words, just because I recently got a near-new-condition Waffle-top in .35REM for $400, that doesn’t mean the people here asking 1K for one similar are trying to burn members.

I’ve only had one deal I regret here. Mostly had to do with seller reporting no ‘action problems’ when that turned out to be false, same ammo and apples-to-apples comparisons. No way he had any significant sample feed properly. He didn’t offer to refund and I wasn’t gonna lecture on being honest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom