Nobody is buying s**t these days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will check that swap meet out once they get the town back and up. The wife’s family was from down that way.

I actually remember prices from the 70’s, and inflation was rough then too. I remember waiting in line with my mom to get gasoline while my dad was at work. We’d go wait in line for the tanker to show up, during mid-day it was a long wait but nothing like those who needed to get it in there morning before work or the evening after work.

So much of our current problems can be blamed on the voters of the 70’s, but it goes back farther to FDR and his programs that were implemented pre-WWII. The blame does land on the voters as we send elected officials to our city council, state legislators, and DC but we don’t hold them accountable for their actions when they betray us. So many times good people want to try and make a difference only to be out spent for the office, or if they do get elected the dirty political game makes them leave, or partake is the swamp political game. Political offices shouldn’t be a full-time job, but we can go down that rabbit hole at another time.
💯
I like rabbit and holes…

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s why I won’t sell on here anymore. Not that I ever put much up. Idiots that put in low offers over and over, then pester you because you won’t bother to respond to the 250 dollar offer for a 600 dollar gun. No response is a response :) Or the guys that string you along on offers and renegotiating. I used to post I’ll make low ball offers public.
Your response that “no response is a response” is only known to you as a response. To me no response doesn’t tell me anything. I don’t know if you received my “lowball” offer or that you didn’t. So I’m wondering whether or not to try to contact you again and make a better offer, or no offer at all. A simple response of “ not interested “ might keep some people from “ pestering “ you. JMO

And some idiots will pay what you’re asking with no questions asked. I’ve been known to do that for something I really wanted.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep asking for a NIB mint 1976 Colt Python w/3 inch barrel and I'm offering 5 crisp new $100 bills but no takers. Sellers are just too tight with their merchandise.
RIGHT! And your incredible deal (along with pictures we all like to see) that you were fortunate enough to pay just a third the value for, becomes your new normal.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you further expand on this statement? I had another person on another forum say something similar.

"Selling my ULTRA RARE, HIGHLY DESIRABLE, chrome plated, Raven .25ACP"

"Selling my EDC, some holster wear, low round count pistol, $1500"

Thinking about about Selling my ....., make me an offer"

Buy my HiPoint, $1000

An ad SHOULD sell the item, honest description, pertinent information, pics 📸 helpful (required), price firm, negotiable.

I'm not a fan of OBO. Are you having an auction? Reserve? Listing offers? When do you know you have best offer? You are inviting lowballs, IMO.

I sell very little, but descriptions are honest and complete. Price is set.
Everything I have ever listed has sold within a reasonable time.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But guys, didn't you watch the debate? Bidumb says we're in great shape.
As a old man who doesn't hunt, shoot or reload much anymore. I've been considering selling off the vast majority of 55 years worth of collections of guns, loading equipment and such. But knowing how much work it is to organize, take pictures and advertise. .after reading your comments, makes me wonder if it's worth the effort.
I wonder how many looked at your location to see where you are from. Haha! I know I did. Buying is a hard habit to break when a gun you’ve lusted for shows up. Even when your eyes have failed and there is no practical reason to even be looking, let alone purchasing. Still don’t stop me😉

But seriously, a lot depends on your niche. Mine is vintage. Mostly Ballards and Levers and I just try to cover my investment as I shape my collection. But in that niche the prices can be steep for a local market. I hate shipping and/or selling on Gunbroker but I have three Ballards that will require a National market to recover my investment. Too few interested parties in a local market.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your response that “no response is a response” is only known to you as a response. To me no response doesn’t tell me anything. I don’t know if you received my “lowball” offer or that you didn’t. So I’m wondering whether or not to try to contact you again and make a better offer, or no offer at all. A simple response of “ not interested “ might keep some people from “ pestering “ you. JMO

And some idiots will pay what you’re asking with no questions asked. I’ve been known to do that for something I really wanted.
I’m fine with wasting peoples time that try to waste my time and patience. FYI, I don’t try to make money and price items more than fair. When people offer 500 for a 2500 dollar gun that I price at 2k… It’s a person not worth my time.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even when your eyes have failed and there is no practical reason to even be looking, let alone purchasing. Still don’t stop me😉

I just received a 12 piece Shars micrometer set from Fedex today because it seemed super cool and I got a great price. I'm not a machinist. I have no reason to own this set. But it was coooool. Just finished calibration check and they're good to go even if I have to find a place to put them now LOL. Guns are the same way. Hard to pass up something fun that's been on the list.

Latest posts

Top Bottom