Way cool!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Driving home this morning a little before 6 and saw 2 deer beside the road. Nothing unusual there, except one of them was white. I could not tell if it was a buck or doe and because of traffic I could not stop for a better look.

I have only see one other white deer in my life that was in the wild.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
they are the coolest thing in the wild IMO. i've seen a few in nw edmond. one just a mile from the house. when i first saw it, it looked like a styrofoam cutout of a deer.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
they are the coolest thing in the wild IMO. i've seen a few in nw edmond. one just a mile from the house. when i first saw it, it looked like a styrofoam cutout of a deer.

Not sure where you live from me, but this one may be close to you. Just north of Covell and Kelly.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never seen one in all my years deer hunting.
They were protected by the ODW for many years. That protection has been lifted this year and they will be fair game.
Most states encourage taking the white deer from the herd.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Visitor's Center at Foss Lake SP has one, stuffed, in a glass case. It was something of a local curiousity until it was hit and killed by an automobile. Afterward, they had it stuffed and put on display.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to see a white one around Lake Murray, south of Ardmore. I haven't seen any in this area but we have more than our share of white squirrels around Grove.

Latest posts

Top Bottom