We are about to have a Texting while driving law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because laws like this never apply to emergency responders. You know, being highly trained and all. I wonder if us peasants could pay to get the same training they do. I'm sure part of the LEO training involves texting and driving.

One solution is for city's to pass regulations that have harsh penalties. I don't know how it'd work with the unions in bigger cities, but our town has a rule on the books that any city employee that is in an accident while in a city vehicle is immediately fired if it's found that they were texting while driving. It's not a legal penalty, but damn sure could ruin someones day. Our local police chief wasn't very happy when a few citizens showed him some photos of his officers texting while driving around our town square a few days after the rule went into effect.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure the next thing coming will be texting checkpoints, you know, "show us your phone" I'm sure some court somewhere has already ruled cops can search your phone if they feel like it. Because you know, if it saves one life it's worth it...

Don't let a crisis go to waste. This law has nothing to do with the two LEOs that were involved in the accident. It just " feels good"

Hell, I'm pissed and I don't even text and drive.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Texting an driving is a real problem and most of us are probably guilty but whats the solution? I say education. Show some of those accidents in graphic form on TV maybe.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure the next thing coming will be texting checkpoints, you know, "show us your phone" I'm sure some court somewhere has already ruled cops can search your phone if they feel like it. Because you know, if it saves one life it's worth it...

Don't let a crisis go to waste. This law has nothing to do with the two LEOs that were involved in the accident. It just " feels good"

Hell, I'm pissed and I don't even text and drive.

Universal Forensic Extraction Devices (UFED). There was a big stink a few years back when the ACLU discovered police were using the device to pull data from citizens(of course now we have STINGRAY as well).

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Texting an driving is a real problem and most of us are probably guilty but whats the solution? I say education. Show some of those accidents in graphic form on TV maybe.

Kinda like how the horrific drinking and driving videos and pics have curbed DUI offenses.

If this law applied to all motor vehicles, I would be ok with it. Just curious what the mind set is that emergency responders should be texting while going high speed weaving in and out of traffic. Anyone care to answer that?

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Republicans seem to be fascists in modern times...you can open carry an AR in the blue state of Oregon but in OK the Fallin goons would take pleasure in denying you a right like that which they themselves get to enjoy. this texting law is just another example...

The repubs are the ones who passed some of the most draconian laws since 9/11, it was for our safety though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom