What are the best Made in the USA 1911s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kimber makes a beautiful two tone Custom II with a stainless frame and blued slide. Very nice and about $769 at H&H.

i768.photobucket.com_albums_xx330_andrsnsm_58e60afcc6db3593129a5ce851ea17ab_zpskbzv1vyo.jpg

Last edited:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In this order:
Colt
Springfield Loaded
S&W or Ruger
Older Kimber.
Never owned a Remington, so I know nothing about them.
This is my opinion, and that is all it is ....an opinion. All the ranting you do is not going to change my mind. Please don't try.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So STI it is, I guess. Anyone know if they are all Made in the USA or just assembled here?

Edit: I just checked STIs website and it says they are assembled in Texas.

STI's Spartan line (the one's under a grand) are assembled in the U.S. from parts sourced out of the Philippines. If you look you can usually find a good used Colt for under a grand, as well as a S&W. I'd prefer one of those over a Kimber, which is known to be hit or miss (If it's a good one, it's good period. If not, it never will be.)

One other to consider is the new CZ 1911. It's being built right now by Dan Wesson with very well fitted forged frames and slides. no Series 80 or Schwartz safety and the word is that internals are all DW parts as well. At $849 MSRP, it's probably the best 1911 bargain on the market right now.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a Springfield TRP Operator that I picked up for barely over $1,000. Top notch weapon.
I've also got two Kimbers that I got for just under $800 each. One is the Desert Warrior and I have to say, the accuracy almost matches the Springfield round for round.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is with all the Kimber Hate? I have owned or own Ruger, Kimber, Springfield. All were very good, the Kimber's fit and finish just beat the others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom