What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not a fan of spray lube.

I was helping @DrewS get lined out in reloading and he had some spray lube.
I tried 3 different ways to lube cases all all 3 ways were to me FAILS.

Hornady Unique case lube or Imperial sizing die wax is all I ever needed and the effort to size cases was minimal with the waxes.

You would rip the press off the bench with spray lube.
Of all the things they no longer make that work well and they keep this spray lube around.

bas402

Bolt Shooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hornady Unique case lube or Imperial sizing die wax is all I ever needed and the effort to size cases was minimal with the waxes.

Of all the things they no longer make that work well and they keep this spray lube around.
Yep, been using imperial for 20yrs never had a stuck case

ok-22shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PCed qty 55 454 dia 300 grn to setup test loads for a 45 LC rifle. Sorted thru packages of about 3,000 223 and 308 to take excess to storage. Heated up two Lyman 450 and and older 45 lube sizer in the sun. one of the 450's had not been used in 40 years. stored in attic and some of the lube had leaked out. so warm in Oklahoma mid day summer sun you could barely hold steel bodies of sizers. with die out and turning lube feed enough that it flowed into die area, I picked at lube until most all was out. the orange 45 was purchase a bit back and may have been even longer not used. I decided to just keep screwing the lube feed and it extruded out the sizing die hole a crystalized puddy of lube. actually made it easier to remove. one of the sizers is going up for sale. will keep one for lube/size and one for PC sizing bullets I do not have a lee type push thru die for the dia. Picked up second version of ramp and nose flipper plate 3D printed at the Tulsa library for my bullet collator. Testing 357 dia bullets, round nose, truncated cone, and kind of rounded SWC bullets cast on my Master Caster. at about 95% getting bullets into nose up configuration. more experimenting to do. I like have projects to play with.

Attachments

• Lyman 450 lube.JPG
    Lyman 450 lube.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Lyman 45 lube extrus.JPG
    Lyman 45 lube extrus.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Stuck .30-06, .260 and .223, in one day.
Sizing wax only on rifle cases.

Using up the Hornady One Shot I have. (Bought a case) only on pistol cases with carbide dies.

Ordered some LRP, to replenish stash. Have 4 scopes needing to be zeroed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom