What did you do today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a couple good things came of this experience today.
The lady learned how the guns in her house operate and she is interested in going again and bringing her son,
AND my wife might actually take a little more interest in going to the range with me now!
Although I had the wfes permission to take Lady to the range, I could tell later on that the wife was a little envious of the TIME spent at the range with the Lady.
Hopefully the wife will go with me more often now!

It's contagious!

This past Saturday the woman and her dad took me to Heartland Outdoors. If you haven't ignored all of my posts, you've seen that my wife argues the 2A, she doesn't see the point in guns, etc. So taking me to the range was awesome of her to begin with. She decided to participate and started out shooting with her dad's S&W M&P .40. She shot about 20 rounds and didn't much care for it because she didn't like the long trigger. She was hesitant to shoot my 1911 .45 because of the bigger caliber, but decided to try it after her dad and I both agreed that his S&W seemed to have more kick than mine did.

She decided to give mine a shot and she switched to the black silhouette target set to 5 yards. She said "I'm going to aim for his head" and she planted one right between his eyes. Her dad and I both almost fell to the ground with surprise. Shot #2 she placed about 2 inches to the right, 1 inch down. Shot #3 made the shot #1 impact hole grow about 50%. Shot #4 made the shot #2 hole grow about 50%. The 5th, and last shot, was about an inch above and to the left of shots 2 and 4. She pulled the same crap on a different target about 20 minutes later. Her dad and I kept telling her how awesome of a shooter she is for the rest of the day. Later on, she mentioned that now that she knows she's not a horrible shot and gun rentals are only $10 + ammo, she doesn't mind going back to the range to rent guns and actually buy one that she likes. Then, check this bro, she said "but I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying one, yet."

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom