What made you decide to get your CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because I could, that and prior to the passage of the CCW law I was already carrying.

I worked for a wholesaler that delivered tobacco products and then later in the bar business before OK passed CCW.

I had delivery routes and stops no other driver would take because I was low man on the totem pole for a long time. After one driver was beaten and robbed, 3 weeks later a second driver was actually kidnapped and duct taped in the back of his van on the same route he was missing for 2 days before the police found him. The route was handed to me north tulsa in some unsavory areas and most of the customers screwed up and didn't pay their bills so we had to collect for the deliveries and several of those had to be cash since thay had written bad checks too many times. The amount of cash (some days I had 6 or 7 grand in my bag) along with the fact that I had cases of cigarettes in the truck made me a pretty big target.

After the first attempted robbery that I had to fend off I drove back to the warehouse parked the van handed the owner the keys and told him he had 3 options, let me continue working in the warehouse, let me go home get my pistol and carry a gun on my route. or if he wouldn't let me go back to work in the warehouse or carry a gun he was going to have to find another driver because I was quitting on the spot. He chose to let me start carrying.

I never had to use my pistol, pulled it once though, and I had to fend of several robbery attempts. I would have just given them the companies cash and products but thefts from tobacco deliviries had a reputation of including some pretty severe bodily harm.

I then went to work in the bar business in 94 and routinely carried around several thousand dollars on a daily basis. I kept carrying since I was an obvious target. When the Self defense act passed I immediately picked up a packet took my class and applied for my permit.

BTW prior to the passage of the SDA TPD and TCSO were fairly sympathetic to people in high risk job's carrying a firearm I had more than one encounter with them while working as a route driver after fighting off a attempted robbery and the one time I did pull my pistol I was never charged nor was my pistol ever confiscated.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is a pretty common one. After failing the psych test for the PD, I knew that it was my destiny to protect society even though some stupid testing thought I was a narcissistic egomaniac with delusions of grandeur. I cannot honestly believe that field dressing small animals as a child while playing with fire is not a normal part of growing up for all of us.

Realizing that I would eventually be responsible for heroic glory, I went to work for Mall Security, but they would not let me open carry my Hi Point while on duty. I am no idiot, and no that while my life and the lives of countless shoppers are worth more than a job, I chose to be discreet, and invest in my CCW, a Lorcin 25 with Hollow Point man stoppers. I got my CCL for the eventuality that will happen when I have to pop a cap in a banger or shoplifter. I had a custom holster made that masks the printing of my "little friend" and doubles as a badge holder for my CCL badge.

LOVE IT !!!! :lmfao:

RetCapt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My decision was based on 3 points.

1. When the original CCL law was passed, I thought it was OK but not really needed for most folks. Then Sept 11th came along. Made my thinking a lot more conscious of the many soft targets our society has everywhere.

2. I began to realize that crime victims are just folks like me, minding their own business, and they get selected by a sh*thead to do something bad. I wanted to have an equalizer. My wife even encouraged me since we noticed that there were a number of attacks in churches.

3. There are so many idiots out there that really believe that the 2nd Amendment is intended for some nebulous militia that they can't define properly. I wanted to get the license to demonstrate the concept of the armed individual citizen.

I've been carrying almost 9 yrs and haven't had to use my firearm yet...and remember, when seconds count, the police are minutes away.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in 2003-04 i was threatened to be "put in the hospital" by my then gf's obese uncle. He told me he would beat me to death for hurting his neice. I've had several guys over the phone threaten to kick my ass, never was more than words though. I want to be able to defend myself from any serious threat i encounter and meet it with deadly force if need be.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Retired Marine; been carrying a gun of one kind or another since I was 18...I was even allowed to carry aboard commercial aircraft with a special letter and card I had back in the day that type of thing was allowed because of a specific duty assignment.

I got my CCW because it is my right to carry and be able to defend myself and my family.

Don't ever want to fire another shot in anger, but I know I can, and I damn sure will if I have to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom