What trigger for gen 4 Glock 34?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I've decided to start shooting some local steel challenge and maybe IPSC. being a lefty, I decided to get a new gen 4 mod. 34 so I could swap the mag release. So far, so good. Well, after shooting a steel match last weekend, I think I want to replace/modify the trigger somewhat. I read, read, and read some more. Everyone says that their trigger group or spring setup is best. So, I want some feedback. What do you guys think? Is it worth the money to go all out and get a complete replacement or just swap springs and modify the housing with set screw for overtravel? Also, what brands are best and why?? Thx!

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say experimentation is the key to finding something you like. There are two things you want to be careful of in the process though, light primer strikes and a weak reset. I had to play with different springs in my gun to find a balance between those things while still getting a light pull I was happy with.

My current setup:
- Glockworx race connector
- Glockworx housing with overtravel stop
- Glockworx reduced power safety spring
- Wolff 6.0 trigger spring
- 4.0 pound striker spring

With that setup, I've got reduced pretavel from the connector and reduced overtravel from housing. Then the combination of springs work together to make my reset just enough that I'm happy with it.

I tried a lighter striker spring for awhile, but the reset wasn't positive enough. I've also still got some concerns of light primer strikes with certain ammo, but I haven't had the chance to run anything with a hard primer through it since I switched springs.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool. thx for the reply. that is EXACTLY what i was looking for. I'm curious, have you put a gauge on the trigger in it's current config? If so, what does it break at?

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would highly recommend you just polish the trigger bar and use your stock 3.5 connector; if thats what your 34 came with.
Ive felt all kinds of triggers out there, and all they do is lighten the pull, and mush up the break point. If you dont start your shooting out right by having a nice solid, definable wall, youre trapping yourself into being a mediocre trigger slapper at best.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What olyeller said. I have one of his trigger jobs in my G17 and a Vanek Custom in my G35. The Vanek is lighter but the trigger olyeller did has a much better wall to come up against. The Vanek is almost to light for my taste and would be very easy to pull right past the breaking point it if you are not use to it.

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
shooterdave said:
Cool. thx for the reply. that is EXACTLY what i was looking for. I'm curious, have you put a gauge on the trigger in it's current config? If so, what does it break at?

I *think* this configuration measured at 4.5 lbs. But that may be before I lightened the striker spring again. I've been tweaking it off and on for months so it's hard to remember for sure.

I will agree with the other posters though, some of the triggers out there do come out pretty squishy. Sometimes you can fix it by switching springs and sometimes you can't. But it's definitely something else to watch out for when you tinker with your trigger.

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
heard a lot of good feedback on the haley skimmer trigger, but I think the same can be achieved with a connector of your choice and a good polish job by a gunsmith. for shooting competitions I loved my ghost triggers "#3.5 rocket" setup. only like 25 bucks if I remember right.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine came with a 5.5 lb. Connector. I think I'll start there and see how I like it. I know that it really sux compared to some previous Glocks I've had. I sold a 17L to get this 34 and the trigger in the 17L was a lot better...

Latest posts

Top Bottom