What was you first ride? car, truck, ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I turned 16 in 1985. I bought a 1982 Toyota 4x4 truck. It had a lift kit and big tires and at the time, I thought it got kind of crappy gas mileage. In retrospect, it got decent gas mileage for what it was. I had a lot of fun with that truck!
My best friends older bother had one of those. He used to run us around in it during the summer before we could drive. I always thought it was the coolest little truck.

fordguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandpa passed away a couple of months before I turned 16, bought his 1970 Datsun pickup from my grandma.
Drove it all through high school, and for about three year in the USAF. It carried me across the country and never broke down on me.

I was hurtin bad for cash and sold it.....sad day.

I have really enjoyed reading this thread.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1968 Camaro with a 3 speed and 6 cylinder. Earned every single dime for it working at Shakey's Pizza and McDonalds. My dad told me if I wanted a car I'd have to earn my own money for it. And I did.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I turned 16 way back in 1962 and my first car was purchased with $150. After the purchase, we had to have the second gear in the transmission replaced. I drove that for two years, but when I went off to college (for what turned out to be just one year), Dad insisted I have a better car. Turns out that car needed a major overhaul within 6 months. I should have kept this one, although this image is NOT of the one I owned.

1954 Ford Customliner 2-door (even in the same color as mine, except that the roof on mine was the same color as the rest of the car.)

i1190.photobucket.com_albums_z458_TerryandJo_Images_20for_20Fo8a9e1cdda4e9ba95e1d693d0790f3be7.jpg

Yep....definitely showing my age.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom