What's the fastest way to trim brass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lemme see if I got it right. I have a Hornady progressive that takes standard dies. I could buy their sizing die and install it on my progressive or a single stage. Does it chamfer/deburr also?

Yup, most people use 2 separate trips through the press.

1. Decap - size - trim (then usually tumble again to get chips etc. out)

2. Decap (to clear flash hole) - prime - charge - seat bullet

Rinse and repeat, wipe hands on pants.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Gracey Brass Mutilator. I'm not impressed, but it beats the crap outta doing it by hand.

This particular trimmer has already been back to Gracey once. They have offered to refund my money, which I intend to take advantage some day and either get a Dillon or Giraud setup.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, most people use 2 separate trips through the press.

1. Decap - size - trim (then usually tumble again to get chips etc. out)

2. Decap (to clear flash hole) - prime - charge - seat bullet

Rinse and repeat, wipe hands on pants.

The way I do it is to first measure, trim,deburr, chamfer, (one operation with the RCBS 3 way cutter) and then, when I have enough of them ready, they go to the progressive for non stop reloading. After they are loaded I tumble the lube off.

doom on you

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i use the dillion trimmer on a 550 decap on 1st stage size trim on second stage (dillion trim die sizes) then chuck up debur tool in drill press do outside flip over chamfer inside tumble brass to clean off lube run them dry when i reload only using expander on size die (550)

Latest posts

Top Bottom