What's the fastest way to trim brass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, basically you have to spend about $350 for a couple of calibers and a spare cutter. How noisy is the motor when running?
Pretty noisy but the Vac I have for it is louder. I think in my new reloading room I'm going to make a box to put it in and insulate it

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use this for 5.56mm : http://www.giraudtool.com/prod02.htm

It will trim, inside and outside chamfer several hundred per hour.

+1000000000000000

Definitely not cheap but very easily the best!!! You buy the trimmer with one caliber, then you can buy as many other caliber setups as you need. What I would recommend is that you buy a complete new trimmer setup as well for every caliber. That way Giraud will setup the trimmer to the right spacing. This will eliminate you having to adjust the trimming blade everytime you switch calibers and take a chance your chamfer/deburr is off some.

This thing is so fast I have a friend that comes over and uses it due to how fast and accurate it trims brass. He even bought his own .223/5.56 bullet holder so we can set it up for the way he resizes his cases.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1000000000000000

Definitely not cheap but very easily the best!!! ... What I would recommend is that you buy a complete new trimmer setup as well for every caliber. That way Giraud will setup the trimmer to the right spacing. This will eliminate you having to adjust the trimming blade everytime you switch calibers and take a chance your chamfer/deburr is off some.

Do you really recommend that we buy separate very expensive units just to avoid adjusting for different calibers?
For commercial operation, sure. For an individual, for most of us, it might not make economic sense.
I must assume that the adjusting process is extremely lengthy and difficult.

Latest posts

Top Bottom