Where do I need to start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Kozmos and Glocktogo, both of your rifles are awesome looking!!

Nosfed98Z I would suggest you do something similar to these guys builds.

Maybe it's just me, but Tapco makes the ugliest stuff I've ever seen.

NOSfed98z

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I think I have decided to start with the trigger, extended mag release, bolt release, and bolt buffer. I was looking in the classifieds and I saw a hammer and sear kit. Would I be better off doing something like that, I am pretty hand and could probably do it myself. Or would I be better off taking it to someone else and having the work done that way.

All the pics look great.

Thanks agaIn for all the help I really appreciate it. You can go so many ways with these rifles that it's hard to know which way to go.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Obviously I am partial to the Appleseed organization, since I volunteered to run it's activities in this state, lol, but an LTR is just cool... it incorporates a few mods to make your Ruger simulate a battle rifle. Tech sights are awesome. You also need some 1 1/4" sling swivels to mount a GI sling.

And as others have said, it really makes the rifle more enjoyable to shoot if you do something about the horrible factory trigger. I went with the Volquartsen target hammer and auto bolt release package on both of my Rugers. They are on sale periodically on Midway. I am very happy with mine.

Your original question is "where do I need to start?" I'd say the best place to start would be a strong grasp on the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship, which we will give you at an Appleseed.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is probably not what you are thinking about, but have you seen the conversion kit which makes the 10/22 look like a Thompson?

That one would be second on my list. Pretty slick if you ask me!

I really really like the Thompson but I think the $319 is a little steep and I can't justify the cost,,, yet. I have the perfect donor for it, just waiting.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really really like the Thompson but I think the $319 is a little steep and I can't justify the cost,,, yet. I have the perfect donor for it, just waiting.

As you know though, it's pretty easy to spend 3 bills modding a 10/22 and still not be done. Once you have the Thompson kit installed, you're done! It's not like you're gonna put a red dot or scope on it after all! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom