Where will you open carry, if anywhere?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I personally will not open carry into any business at this time, however I will OC when walking with my family around the block. or at a picnic out at the lake, etc. Just OC outside.

This is kinda my thoughts, it'll be nice to be work in the yard, grill or walk to the neighborhood park with little effort to conceal. Not that I will every time, or often, but the option will be nice. As far as open carrying in the general public, I don't think so. At very best only if on my way to an event or something where I will be open carrying. Like a friends BBQ in the country, where most of us would be open carrying anyway.

I expect we will see a lot more gunbuster signs too.

Martialartsblackbelt

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
IN Missouri I open carry almost every where, Wal-Mart, KFC, Lowes.
almost everywhere. i do have pre-phrased answers when people ask me about it.

Q: Are you a Police Officer?
A: No Ma'am just a citizen

Q:why do you have a gun?
A:For your protection and mine

Q:are you paranoid or something?
A: why would i be paranoid? i have a gun.
(insert laugh here)

this approach has worked very well
even with contact with law enforcement.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm more of an oddball. I'll likely open carry the vast majority of the time. It's a matter of comfort for me. While I don't have any issue carrying concealed (IWB), being able to carry OWB and in the open will be nice. Being from NoVA and having open carried before I don't have any mental issues with regards to carrying in the open. Having the ability to open carry on my property without worry will be awesome!

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll likely move to an OWB or pancake holster if it passes, primarily for comfort as well. Even then, a shirt serves as a cover garment if you don't have to worry about breaking the law by adjusting your ball cap.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having the ability to open carry on my property without worry will be awesome!

Do you live in town, or out? I thought if you were in the boonies, on your own property, you could carry around whatever you wanted to. We always do on my buddies, outside of McCloud.

Anybody know?

ERPA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's nice just to have the option to carry something bigger than my normal ccw. Not that I will be carrying a full size 1911 open but if the slide is visable I won't have to worry about it.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I'm gonna get me one of these!

Or maybe one of these!

NOT

I'm not likely to change any of my habits too much IF we get some form of open carry. Most likely change will be to go with an outside the waist band holster for my EDC.

I think it's nice just to have the option to carry something bigger than my normal ccw. Not that I will be carrying a full size 1911 open but if the slide is visable I won't have to worry about it.

I carry a full size 1911 IWB, will likely get a full coverage OWB holster if we get OC.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll likely move to an OWB or pancake holster if it passes, primarily for comfort as well. Even then, a shirt serves as a cover garment if you don't have to worry about breaking the law by adjusting your ball cap.

This is likely the direction I will go as well when out in public. I've always carried openly on my own property though, but I live in the country so nobody gives it a second thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom