Where will you open carry, if anywhere?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkivbb

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
**REALITY CHECK**

While this is awesome and cool to talk about on here, do you guys think it will actually pass?

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not the only post in this thread stating the same thing quoted above so I am not picking on Badge Bunny who wrote it just commenting on the concepts behind it.

That said:

What the hell is wrong with those of you who think those who will choose to open carry are trying to prove they are Billy Bad Ass. Geez.

OC=Comfort
OC=Quicker Presentation if necessary
OC=A way to normalize the presence of firearms in our society thru desensification

I'm sure there are other reasons but those are my top three.

The tacticians can argue all they want that OC equals giving up the element of surprise and I'll argue right back that predators are hunting for prey not other predators.

The bliss ninny apologists can argue all they want that OC will scare the sheep and it is only polite to cover up. And I'll argue right back that I am not responsible for their neurosis or their phobias - they are. I will not be inconvenienced for them.

The politicians can cry out "there'll be blood in the streets" all they want and I'll shout back where is it? Show me!

And on and on and on...

Those of us who choose to open carry (assuming the government gives us permission - to do something that is a natural right) won't be doing it to prove we are Billy Bad Asses and it's down right insulting to be told that; especially by fellow firearms enthusiasts and freedom lovers that ought to know better.

+1,well said in usual Werewolf "in your face" fashion.:clap3: Steve

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not the only post in this thread stating the same thing quoted above so I am not picking on Badge Bunny who wrote it just commenting on the concepts behind it.

That said:

What the hell is wrong with those of you who think those who will choose to open carry are trying to prove they are Billy Bad Ass. Geez.

OC=Comfort
OC=Quicker Presentation if necessary
OC=A way to normalize the presence of firearms in our society thru desensification

I'm sure there are other reasons but those are my top three.

The tacticians can argue all they want that OC equals giving up the element of surprise and I'll argue right back that predators are hunting for prey not other predators.

The bliss ninny apologists can argue all they want that OC will scare the sheep and it is only polite to cover up. And I'll argue right back that I am not responsible for their neurosis or their phobias - they are. I will not be inconvenienced for them.

The politicians can cry out "there'll be blood in the streets" all they want and I'll shout back where is it? Show me!

And on and on and on...

Those of us who choose to open carry (assuming the government gives us permission - to do something that is a natural right) won't be doing it to prove we are Billy Bad Asses and it's down right insulting to be told that; especially by fellow firearms enthusiasts and freedom lovers that ought to know better.

:yelclap::pokeowned:clap3:

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That said:

What the hell is wrong with those of you who think those who will choose to open carry are trying to prove they are Billy Bad Ass. Geez................

Thank you Werewolf!

I'm sure I'll OC some, more like rarely. More than me though, my wife probably will. What better a deterrent in a parking lot than a robber seeing his potential prey then realizing she has a gun on her hip?!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll never open carry, but won't complain about those that want to strut around.
My only reason for wanting this for me, is that if something occurs that makes my CC show.

Fencepost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OC depends on when and where. I bicicyle for exercise and it would be nice to have one Ruger LCP strapped in a holster on the handle bar. I would like the option to OC when I feel like it.

However, I believe many businesses will have signs saying something like "No exposed firearms" Got to respect their rules. If many Businesses have those signs then it'll limit OC areas except on sidewalks, etc.
OC while fishing, etc would be nice to do, also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom