Where will you open carry, if anywhere?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd mostly do it in my car I guess... keep a loaded pistol with the butt sticking out of the pocket in the door or stuck between the seat and the console.

Actually I already do that, but I wouldn't have to worry about having to quickly unload it if I get pulled over.

Maybe I'd keep a loaded rifle behind the seat or something.

Maybe I would carry open while camping, or at the lake, or walking the dog at night, or going on walks with the GF.

When I spent a week in New Hampshire at PorcFest I open carried my .357 everywhere, just because I thought it was cool to enjoy a little liberty that I don't have back home without having to worry about cops. At first I'd probably do the same thing here if it became legal, but after the novelty wore off I'd do it less, I'm sure.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't be open carrying anywhere I don't currently i.e. at home or the range.

I don't see a reason to do differently.

I don't carry a gun to scare liberals or to make a point; I carry a gun to protect myself and my family.

Michael Brown

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
as the weather heats up sometimes a paddle or pancake might be a little more comfy under a baggy polo or t-shirt. i like the option but more than likely won't use it often.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't walk around with my insurance card stuck to my forehead, so likewise I won't be open carrying much. I can see some utility in hunting, range days etc. But it will be business as usual 95% of the time for me.

Open carrying will attract attention (goes against the 'greyman' principle) and does change the dynamic of encounters with varmints of the two-legged variety, not always for the better. Doesn't float my boat...but to each his own.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a concealed carry instructor from the beginning but,I'm afraid open carry will bring trouble . If it brings enough trouble will we risk loosing concealed carry. I won't open carry if it passes.

I tend to agree that there might be some problems but I believe they will be isolated. Only problem is the media only needs ONE really juicy story. (Or even not so juicy ... cause they can make it what they want.) If I had my way training would be ramped up and continuing education would be required for carry, whether it was open or not.

Another, unintended consequence I believe will happen is that more stores will put up the "No Carry" signs.

Like you, I will not be open carrying. I don't carry to prove to anyone I am Billy Bad Ass ... I carry to protect my family and myself. God willing I will never have to do that.

Incoming

Marksman
Reaction score
Personally I don't care what others do, I'll continue to cc as I don't have a need to stroke my own ego with a big iron on my hip, make a target of myself or a desire to have John Q Public look at me like a wacko dork.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Another cc guy here but I will probably carry a full size pistol sometimes w/o worrying about the barrel poking out from my cover garment or printing. Steve

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I likely will not OC much, if at all. More than anything, I don't want to be paranoid if my shirt comes up as I reach for something.

Exactly. I prefer the mix of social/tactical advantages (and disadvantages) with concealed carry. I have little desire to OC. I just want legal protection in case I briefly expose my carry gun when I get out of the car or reach down to pick up a dropped soup can or something. This bill gives that protection.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You kidding I got my old gun rack out for my pick-up and got er all dusted off!!!!

I am ready to put ole bessie back in the rear window where she belongs....

she has missed looking out the window....

Seriously I will open carry when I feel like it.... and CC all the other times....

I spend a lot of time in Arizona and you have not lived till you have been shopping in the wal-mart at 2am and the guy trying to decide which TV dinner to buy has an AR-15 on his back with mag in..... I briefly thought I had died and was in a wal-mart in heaven.... then realized NO I am just in a state that is freer than my own.... but hopefully we are going in the right direction...

:fullauto:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom