Which gun for a fundraiser giveaway?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for you all’s thoughts. If you were presented with a 1 in 100/200 chance to win a firearm what would you all want to win? Understand tickets would likely be a premium. Also would you pay a little more if their was a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place? If so what would u consider reasonable and hope to see as a prize?
First of all who is the fundraiser for? Second, who are the targeted ticket buyers?

Ex: If it is a school fundraiser, the school board might not want a gun raffle. If it is for rural folks to buy tickets, I would make the first prize a 10-22 or a Henry 22 lever gun.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I’m really leaning into buying a browning citori or a beretta 686 and pushing for a $100 ticket. But I’m also a bit of a gun snob nowadays so idk if the masses would even like stuff like that

I don't know how many $100 tickets you're gonna sell.

I'd think targeting a larger audience with lower tickets of $20 or so would produce much more revenue. Honestly, if you're just going to stay local, I'd just ask for donations and skip the raffle.

I appreciate the offer from the FFL member, but if you could somehow work a partnership with a retail store front that would display your flyers you'd draw more ticket sales.

Good luck with the raffle.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how many $100 tickets you're gonna sell.

I'd think targeting a larger audience with lower tickets of $20 or so would produce much more revenue. Honestly, if you're just going to stay local, I'd just ask for donations and skip the raffle.

I appreciate the offer from the FFL member, but if you could somehow work a partnership with a retail store front that would display your flyers you'd draw more ticket sales.

Good luck with the raffle.
You make a very valid point. My initial thought was to make tickets pricey but then only sell 100-150 of them (I’m kinda lazy). But selling a bunch more at a cheaper price may be easier.

I likely need to get more info from the organizer on what theirs sales plan was

Last edited:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your member/FFL is donating the firearm, he's probably not gonna' be willing/able to donate more than one. Think about that. I, too, believe you would be more successful keeping the cost of the tickets around $10 to $20 depending on your prize. How much are you realistically wanting to raise? If you want $2,000, 200 tickets at ten bucks or 100 tickets at twenty bucks and you're there. But, that's not much money if you're trying to buy real estate!

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your member/FFL is donating the firearm, he's probably not gonna' be willing/able to donate more than one. Think about that. I, too, believe you would be more successful keeping the cost of the tickets around $10 to $20 depending on your prize. How much are you realistically wanting to raise? If you want $2,000, 200 tickets at ten bucks or 100 tickets at twenty bucks and you're there. But, that's not much money if you're trying to buy real estate!
Your not wrong. The FFL is an old retired army col/college professor that likes to dabble. I wouldn’t be shocked if he said here’s $2k use this to buy firearms for the raffle. Current hope is to get somewhere between 5-10k. That’s a lot of $10 tickets

Latest posts

Top Bottom