Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jethro3898

Marksman
Reaction score
I received my notification letter yesterday. I will be picking my license up on Monday. Total time from photos and fingerprinting to acceptance date on letter: 69 calendar days....77 calendar days until I received the letter.

Not terrible considering that there were at least 2 holidays during that stretch (Veterans' Day and Thanksgiving). I must admit, in my home state of Alabama...it's only a one-day wait...which is scary, but convenient. I'm just glad I received my license before I traveled for Christmas.

chuckels59h

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little off topic, When I applied for ccw, I noticed several city police cars (one a sargent's car) cruising by my house very slow, checking out my address, I assume to know where I lived. I'm pretty sure both our vehicles are tagged to my name and the fact I carry. Just a heads up to the newer ccwer's.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been posted here before, by respected LEOs, that there is no connection between your car tag or drivers license and your SDA permit...perhaps you just never noticed the cruisers before.

I got my renewal packet (which is the same as the initial app) within a day or two of requesting it...not sure what the fuss is about not getting packets.

sking

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
yehawwww!!! 137 days, got the OSBI letter today, went at noon and picked er up. had a 34 year old hickup from the past had to get some paper work for or I think it would have been sooner, really, OSBI and everyone one else involved was pleasent to deal with......kind of like sex thou, the longer the wait and the anticipation the better it felt to finally get!!!..

Okie Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wait begins!! I turned in my packet and fees to Tulsa county sheriff's office yesterday (Dec 18) and the lady there said don't expect any word for 2to 4 months.

OSBI will also be recieving my CLEET license and background check at the same time. I hope this doesn't cause any confusion.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A little off topic, When I applied for ccw, I noticed several city police cars (one a sargent's car) cruising by my house very slow, checking out my address, I assume to know where I lived. I'm pretty sure both our vehicles are tagged to my name and the fact I carry. Just a heads up to the newer ccwer's.

I had that problem too. The cruisers and the black helecopters. I cured the problem by adding foil backed insulaton to my attic. The foil helps reflect the beams from the satelites. Graphite works better than foil if you can find it.:bigeye:

Actually i imagine they were just there because of someting going down in the neighborhood. Not still running that meth lab are you? :laugh6:

Michael

Latest posts

Top Bottom