Who else believes in doing this?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone else her just do "random acts of kindness" like I try to do?

I have always believed that old saying "be the change you want to see happen". I have always felt that if you acted with kindness to others you would always be treated that way in return! Now I know some people are just mean, and grump and basically hate life, but at some point it always comes back around to you. I have been in stores before where a person was checking someone out at the register and they were just very grumpy, somewhat impolite, ect. I would simply say "hello, how is your day going?" and I would just talk to them as if we really knew each other. sometimes; not always these people would almost appear to let down some defensiveness. And it just seems to me most all people just want to be encouraged and for someone to care. You don't even have to know someone to make them feel cared about or liked!

All this is because I have always been this way, because sometimes when I am at work or doing something I am pouring my heart into I have always welcomed encouragement, and always try to give it back in return. Lately I have been giving little random gifts at work (work for a school system) to the office ladies for all the help they give me and encouragement. Now when I say "gifts" I mean like a couple weeks ago I got the whole office Panera Bread bagels for breakfast, ect. And tonight I was making some chocolate chip cookies and decided to make some for them for the morning. And it seems like they are just sooooooo much more helpful and delightful to work with everyday because of the mutual atmosphere of respect and encouragement.

So I was just wondering do any of you guys do this kind of stuff at work, play, stores, ect? And soes it seem like it makes life easier, ect? and what are your stories from this?

I pay it forward. I honked at the jerk in front of me at the gate this morning that wanted to BS the security guard, and threatend to kick his butt if he didn't move on.

Just kidding.... You get more results from honey than salt.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pay it forward. I honked at the jerk in front of me at the gate this morning that wanted to BS the security guard, and threatend to kick his butt if he didn't move on.

Just kidding.... You get more results from honey than salt.

sad part is I really believed you until the very end when said just kidding. Your such a BULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In line at the drive through one day (Taco bell) I pulled up to the window to pay for the meal I ordered for me and my wife and they guy informed me that the car ahead of me had paid for my lunch.

This happens in my store at least once a month. One two different occasions I have had customers hand me $100 bill and state they want me to pay for the next people in uniform with it until it runs out.

OSU

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am an Eagle Scout and when I see an opportunity to help someone I will see what I can do. I hope that down the line i will be more financially set to where I can leave a $100 tip to a struggling waiter/ess or just pump/pays for the gas for a college kid who is parked at the pump next to me. It will be fun.

In the mean time I always offer to push a cart back into the store if someone is finished unloading as i walk by... little things like that can brighten a day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom